Re: [DML] Re: What is the best way to buy

Re: [DML] Re: What is the best way to buy

Robert,

Well then, here is what I would recommend...  Definitely check out the
'pre-restored' offerings at PJ Grady and DMC Houston.  I don't know if the
smaller, regional DMC's have these restored cars yet, but I am sure it is  in the
pipeline.

>From what I hear, they start with cars that are already pretty decent and
take them the rest of the way.  It doesn't make business sense to start  with a
car in poor shape only to restore it and have to sell it at the same  price as
the ones that needed less work (labor) to get in good shape, since the  buyer
doesn't care how it started. So, buying a clunker and sending it out  will
not be cheaper than buying one out-right.

The internet/ebay can be great, but it depends on the amount of patience  you
have and your tolerance for risk.

Hope that helps!
Andy

In a message dated 5/16/2007 10:35:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
rbgdmc@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Thanks  for your response.
I absolutely  want t a "new" out of the box  Delorean and defiantly a
car to drive almost daily.   I don't  want to mortgage my house to get
it :).  I am not looking to restore  one myself.  Hope this helps.

Robert

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

<*> Your email settings: