[DML] Strange problem with coming to a stop

[DML] Strange problem with coming to a stop

Hello all,

    Until today I hadnt bothered posting this issue as
I had believed that the govenor for the transmission
was going bad and causing the car to shift.

I built one of those automatic shifting LED indicators
and found the system to be in correct working order.

http://www.mydelorean.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=4343

Problem:

When the car is moving (2nd or 3rd gear) and I take my
foot completely off the gas, as the tach goes down to
about 900 I expirience a "break like" feeling and the
engine speed dips down to 500 before quickly coming
back up.  If I continue to roll this process will
repeat every second.

I can stop this from happening by shifting into
neutral as im slowing down to a traffic light, however
sometimes this action will cause the engine to die.

This evening on the way home, the car actually stalled
in DRIVE at a traffic circle.

Also, giving the slightest amount of gas on the pedal
will cause the problem to stop.  Could it have
something to do with the Idle speed switch/system.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Jordan Rubin
mydelorean.net

Like Myspace for your Delorean, plus HOWTOS and a parts catalogue
Wie Myspace fur dein Delorean, plus HOWTOS und Ersatzteilcatalog

http://www.mydelorean.net

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional