[DML] Re: Cooling Fans Not Turning On

Glenn,
     Is there any clicking coming from your relay compartment?  When I
first brought my car out here to Arizona, the ambient cabin heat was
causing the blade connection on the fan circuit breaker to become
loose, arc, and just not allow the fans to always come on or stay on.
 I could hear the circuit breaker clicking/tripping.  It was easily
remedied by snipping off the blade connector, crimping on an eye-type
connector, and attaching it to the circuit breaker screw with the nut
on it.  That solved all of my cooling fan issues.  Might be something
for you to check out and it is a really cost effective solution to
intermittent cooling fan operation.  Just to note, I had FanZilla
already installed when this occurred.  It was all a result of a fauly
connector at the fan circuit breaker and high ambient cabin
temperatures.  I guess 117 degree days will do that.... :)

Good luck!

Matt
VIN 16816

In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jedimasterglenn" <jedimasterglenn@...> wrote:

> Normally my fans come on right around 210 F.  I'm sure both were
> working until very recently.  Sitting in traffic the other day, I
> noticed they didn't switch on.  My temp needle isn't going over the
> 220 mark, but I'm not sure I trust the reading.  I've tried replacing
> the otterstat and also upgraded to PJ Grady's "little grey box" fan
> relay fix.  I let my car idle for about 20 mins after this, temp
> needle went to 220 but still no fans.  Is there a way to jump the fans
> or some test I can do to determine if they're working?
>
> Thanks,
> Glenn
> 5391

<*> Your email settings: