[DML] PRV's (was 3.0 Eagle Premier engine)

[DML] PRV's (was 3.0 Eagle Premier engine)

Possibly time for a bit or re-information...

- ALL PRV engines have the same external dimensions and upper
bellhousing mounts.
- The lower bellhousing mounts are part of the lower crank case, also
known as the "sandwich plate".
- The DeLorean crank case is common to the Alpine A310 and Renault 30
(as is the transmission)
- The Renault 25 v6 and turbo, pre 97 Espace V6, GTA V6 and turbo, and
A610 have an *almost* identical crank case where the engine mounts are
in the centre.
- All above cars have the same footprint for their sump. The DeLorean
sump is almost the same as a GTA one but for the purpose of this list
you may consider it unique (even if it does have a Renault number
stamped on it, you can rest assured they're cheaper from DMCH!)

SO, you can drop ANY PRV into the DeLorean if you swap over the lower
crank case, oil pickup and sump from a DeLorean engine.

THAT is the easy bit.

If you want to drop an EFI PRV wholesale into a DeLorean, you will also
need the bellhousing and flywheel from the donor car. Even over here,
manual EFI PRV powered Renault cars are as rare as hen's teeth. An EFI
flywheel from, say, a 25 Turbo is over $1400 new from Renault.

FWIW following on from my mail a couple of weeks back, I now have three
Z7U turbo engines with bellhousings and flywheels... I'll let everyone
know when I do something with one of them in my car :-)

Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: