[DML] Sometimes, you need to follow your own advice.

[DML] Sometimes, you need to follow your own advice.

Many times I have told people "Just order it from your
preferred DeLorean vendor".

Last year, I had a thread going on the DML about brake
master cylinders.  I was hoping to rebuild my stock
DMC part, but found that the SAAB cross reference
rebuild kit did not work (wrong size).

Then there was the thread on the difference between
the Saab and DMC specifications.  Seeing that many
people were happy with the Saab 50/50, I went and
bought a full rebuilt (Cardone) Saab master cylinder
from Rock Auto.

Fast Forward to this year.  I took the car out for the
first time a few weeks back, and the brake light was
on.  No fluid in the MC!  It was all on the ground,
and took some of the frame epoxy with it.

A-1 Cardone rebuilds suck.  I should have known it
because my nephew had the exact same problem with his
RX7 master cylinder (also Cardone).

The $50 or so I saved on the MC is gone.  I had to buy
a new MC, RockAuto wont take the POS Cardone back for
refund, and I have to get the frame epoxy fixed now
(Will be filing a claim with them for the damage).

If 2/3rds of the time money can be saved by buying
from someone who does not know DeLoreans, the 1/3 that
it does not work out can be costly.

http://mail.yahoo.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional