[DML] Re: benefits of 3.0 Eagle Premier engine

[DML] Re: benefits of 3.0 Eagle Premier engine

I'll speak up since Ive had recent experience with this swap.

While the Eagle engine is the same family of engine as the DeLorean,
its not a simple swap.  Once you change the lower engine cradle to the
DeLorean style cradle it is a simple bolt in, as far as the tranny and
motor mounts are concerned.  After that you do have to make a bunch of
accomadations for the newer style engine and here are some that come to
mind...

Computer to run the EFI and ignition
DeLorean or Eagle A/C compressor
V belt or serpentine belt
Exhaust system
Throttle hook up
Air intake hook up
... and the list goes on with all kinds of little stuff.

Its not that bad, but its no cake walk either.

At the open house in Chicago I let some owners drive the car to give me
their seat of the pants impression.

Don Steger said he thought it had more guts than the Stage II engine.

Stephen Wynn said he thought it had better low end and mid range pull
than the Stage II but kind of fell off on the top end.

Of course I have yet to dyno it and these are just seat of the pants
impressions.

The engine I have is running headers and the MegaSquirtnSpark computer
setup.  The gameplan for the setup is to also install a ATI Procharger.

Ron

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Craig fleishauer <flyswater0@...> wrote:

> I recently saw a Eagle Premier engine for sale on ebay. I've heard
that  it is a common engine swap. What is the benefit of using this
engine in  our cars ? How hard is it to install and wire  up to our
existing wiring?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: