From: funkstuf@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 6 May 2007 11:51 PM
Subject: [DML] Another Wiring Question.

Situation:  I have about a +1 volt difference of ground potential on my
doors with respect to the rest of the car.  This is true of both
doors.  If I ground one door to the body, they both end up grounded to
0 Volts.

To me, this means they're sharing a ground off of one of the circuits
that's grounded to the door and somewhere else on the body and it's a
bad ground.  Certainly I could set up a new ground from the door
directly to the body but if anyone knows, I'd be very interested in
knowing where the door harness is grounded back on the body, or which
circuit this is because I believe that will be the best way to resolve
the ground loop problem that I hear in my sub-woofer.  Everything else
seems to be grounded well on the car when I do voltage checks.
Any thoughts on this one?
Thanks,
Dale F.

<*> Your email settings: