[DML] Re: Questions About John DeLorean - GM, DMC2, and His Legacy

[DML] Re: Questions About John DeLorean - GM, DMC2, and His Legacy

Here is a bit of hope....

http://tinyurl.com/293rjw

---
[ Quote Me ]
"I have no idea how far along anything was or is but there is some hope for one
of John's cars to come to life...

At John's viewing up in Detroit, Fred Dellis (sp?) said in passing [ to Patrick
C. ] that he is anxious to get working on one of John's next planned cars. I
believe he was talking about the affordable one an not the "super car" that John
was talking about in Cleveland at the DeLorean Car Show."
---

[ Now Quoting Patrick C. ]
"When I spoke to Fred Dellis (Who coincidentally was working or still works for
Malcolm Bricklin in Visionary Vehicles) he sadly said that he hoped one day he
could get John's new car to the market. That's all he said on the subject, and we
discussed the Visionary Vehicles for a little bit and went our separate ways."
---

So the best bet would be to ask Fred about this the next time he is speaking to D
owners. At DMCH's open house? The next DCS 08?

Shannon

------------------------

4a. Questions About John DeLorean - GM, DMC2, and His Legacy
    Posted by: "Rob Greenhaw" wylldshark@xxxxxxxxx wylldshark
    Date: Sat May 5, 2007 3:03 pm ((PDT))

>>snip<<
  Also, what happened to the planned cars?  I know since he passed away the plans

are scrapped, but where are they?  Did Kathryn (sp?) inherit them?  If some
enterprisingg person wanted to build such a car, would she sell the plans to
them?

  What happened to the supercar that was "about 85% complete"?

On another note, who were the people involved with the designs, engineering,
etc.?

  From the way John spoke - and we know how eloquent he was - things were moving
along nicely and we should have seen the cars sometime around mid-2004, early
2005.

>>snip<<

Rob Greenhaw
  VIN 00791