[DML] Re: Spacing

Thanks for all the replies as they were helpful.  It would appear
that the "problem" is somewhat universal and not just isolated to my
car (6452).  Now that I know this, I guess that I feel better.

It does look a little strange and I have determined that
the "problem" is clearly related to the mounting of the license plate
holder.  It is simply not "centered" between the two back
taillights.  I actually measured the taillights and they were very
close to the same on both sides.  It actually makes sense as I am
sure that with the different holders (European and USA) they would
have been added at the QAC as stated in one of the posts.  Using this
scenario it is easy to understand how they could have been "off
center."

After spending some time on my car this weekend I also discovered
that that the "t-panel" is a bit different in that while the doors at
the rear corner are identical on both sides, (they barely touch the
back corner) and the spacing between the doors and the "t-panel" are
also uniform, the spacing at the joint on the rear quarter panel is
not uniform.  Not sure why?could be the way the quarter panels are
attached or it could be the universal explaination that it is a "hand
assembled" car.

These cars really were "hand assembled" and I guess that a close
examination will yield other unique situations.  Usually, when we get
together with more than one Delorean we seem to concentrate on the
mechanical issues and I guess that I have not paid attention to the
construction details.

In my case, the next serial number 6453 is also located in San Diego
and I guess that I should pay more attention to that car.

Thanks,

Scot Stern
6452

<*> Your email settings: