From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Teitelbaum
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 10:13 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: RPM relay (was I think my fuel pump...)

There are black ones and green ones. The black ones are considered an
earlier version and are more prone to failure. I am not sure which one
"primes". I think it is more an indivdual part than green ones or
black ones. IMHO I would consider the priming function "correct" and
the ones that do not prime "defective". Some Deloreans start up a lot
faster than others, probably due to the "priming". I consider that "a
good thing" as it reduces the strain on the batttery and the starter.
Since this is "undocumented" anyone's opinion is valid. Anyway, I can
not think of any way such a device could fail in manner where it would
"prime". It had to be built that way to do it with the timer put in.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle" <swingle_dmc@...> wrote:

> A couple of updates from this weekend on this topic - according to
> some discussion I had with the other DeLorean Motor Company people
> that were here, the RPM relays that "prime" (i.e. turn on with the
> key for a few seconds) are considered "defective" and the other ones
> that don't turn on until the engine cranks are considered "correct".
>
> I've seen black ones and green ones, in fact I have a green one in my
> car but I have no idea where it came from.
>
> Dave S.
>
> www.dmcmidwest.com
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@> wrote:
> >
> > Andy, Can you tell us more on the replacement or different RPM
> relay. I have
> > seen a different fuel pump relay but I have never seen a different
> RPM relay
> > in the DeLorean. What color is the case.
> > John Hervey
> > www.specialtauto.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional