Re: [DML] Possibly dropped copper washer from fuel line into engine cyli

Re: [DML] Possibly dropped copper washer from fuel line into engine cylinder

I'm guessing that chances are it dropped somewhere else, but didn't
want to take my engine apart looking for it.  As someone else
stated, is it really felt that serious damage will be done if ti
remains in there???  Isn't copper very soft - I would think it would
just disintregrate after a while - thoughts by others??

Thanks,

Paul
--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Tait" <TTait@...> wrote:

> Per this illustration...
>

> http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/fueluinjtech.jpg
>

> even if it went in the hole it may not be in the cylinder yet. I'm
not
> sure that is a delorean specific diagram, but there is a valve
between
> the injector and the cylinder.
>

> You know how and where you dropped it, but in general its much more
> likely to be in the valley of death or elsewhere - good luck
finding it.
> Worst case you can get some 3/8" tubing and adapt it to the end of
your
> shop vac hose.  Make sure it easily picks up other copper washers
and
> then go fishing...
>

> ________________________________

Behalf
> Of sweetp01569
> Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:43 AM
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] Possibly dropped copper washer from fuel line into
engine
> cylinder
>

> While taking out my injectors to send out for cleaning, I
accidentally
> dropped one of the small copper washers. I will be looking for it
> when I have some time, hoping it dropped down below somewhere in a
> harmless location. It wasn't on the floor when I looked. Probably
> small chance, but what if the washer dropped into the open
injector
> opening into the cylinder? I am hoping I don't have to disassemble
> anything to look for it, and wondered if serious damage could
occur if
> a washer did fall into the opening into the engine cylinder. Since
it
> is a relatively soft and small washer, I would hope it would just
get
> vaporized as the cylinder fired, or could it totally mess up the
> engine. Any advice is appeciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
> vin 10944