[DML] Gettysburg DCS 2008

Hey all,
Terry and I just returned from a trip to Gettysburg in our DeLorean and
I thought I'd share a brief "time travel" trip report.
(We were on our way north, and decided to stop and check it out.)
WOW!  The battlefield is vast and leaves quite an impression when
viewed through the windshield of your stainless steel wagon.  Talk
about a unique perspective.
We stopped by the Eisenhower Resort where we'll all be staying at DCS
and the staff was incredibly friendly.  They are REALLY looking forward
to us DeLorean folks coming!  Nice, modern and clean, fresh
renovations.  NO congestion or busy highways.  No loud, competing
businesses.  This will be the DCS to relax and enjoy.  There's a
historic house on property, plenty of big ballrooms, all surrounded by
peaceful, rolling farmland.
For those of you bringing your Nintendo's, there is also swimming,
go-carts, putt-putt, etc.)
Aside from the excitement Ken's got planned on-site,  there's plenty to
do just minutes away in the town proper.
Quaint shops and 1700's pubs and eateries, with doors riddled with
civil war bullet holes!
I'd recommend coming a day or two early and staying at one of the bed
and breakfasts.
We stayed at the Historic Fairfield Inn.
http://www.thefairfieldinn.com/
The place dates back to 1757 and is reportedly haunted.  I won't go
into it here, but Terry and I will be glad to tell you  about the
spooky fun that happened to us, the next time we see you.
That night, we were lucky enough to enjoy the highlight and biggest
bargain of the entire trip:
http://www.civilwartheater.com/index.html
An incredible meal and 2.5 hours of entertainment by Joe Kerrigan.
There are many folks 'cashing in' on the tourism of Gettysburg, but Joe
is a legitimate historian, author, and professional performer.  Like
driving a DeLorean, your life will be richer having experienced his
show.
Reserve your tickets NOW for the Civil War Dinner Theatre.  You'll
thank me later.
Can't wait to see you all in Gettysburg, and swap DeLorean stories (and
some ghost stories!)
Oliver Holler
10694

<*> Your email settings: