[DML] Is it 2008 yet?!

After an amazing day on Saturday at the DMA event, I
joined Ken on Sunday at the Eisenhower and All-Star in
Gettysburg to work on planning for DCS 2008.

We did a tour of the All-Star first.  WOW this is a
big building! The front of it is like a
"chuck-e-cheese", there is a playground area for the
kids with a slide and ball crawl (I was too big to
fit), along with a full arcade including skee-ball.
And for the pool sharks, there was a whole room of
billiards.  IIRC, 8 tables?  Maybe more.  They also
had one of the Virtual Reality motion simulator
machines.  With this stuff alone, it would be hard to
find nothing to do.

THEN we walked through the small doors in the back,
and WOW!  A unobstructed 48,260 square foot area for
us to set up the car show.  Ken and I walked around
with the guys from the Bricklin club discussing what
to put where.  No need to go in to details on this,
because it is likely to change a dozen more times
before the show.  The point is, the room is VERY big
and I have already been suggesting to Ken that we
optimize this space to get the most number of cars
inside as possible.  This will be more practical,
because for this show we plan on eating at another
facility.

Right outside the convention center are 2 go-kart
tracks, mini-golf, batting cages, a large lake with
boats and picnic areas.

On the walk over, I could not help but notice that
there was only one helicopter pad.. so those of you
who will be arriving by air may need to schedule your
usage of that facility.  :)

Over to the hotel, there is an indoor pool with
retractable roof.  Next to the pool is a lounge area
with a grass-roof bar.  This is where we plan to have
the afternoon activities during check in on Thursday.

The hotel is a mix of a number of building.  Included
are 2 dividable large rooms, one of which we plan on
using for the dinners.  The room had Televisions on
the ceiling all over, so it will be easy for everyone
to see what is going on.

Between the 2 large (dividable) rooms in the hotel,
and the dozen or so "breakout" rooms, we have plenty
of space for every ting we want to do.  Having worked
with Ken in the past, this show is unique in the fact
that we OWN the entire facility for the weekend.  The
flexibility and options that offers is amazing.  We
may make some of those rooms available to vendors or
clubs that want to host special events.

You can get an idea from the photos at:

http://deloreancarshow.com/lodging.html

If you want to get a better idea, you can even
download the floor plans:

http://www.eisenhower.com/

After the tour, we sat down and went over the current
room reservations.  With the event over a year away,
2/3 of the rooms are SOLD OUT!  I know this has been
said before, but even if you are thinking "maybe I
will go", book the room NOW.  They wont last long, and
one of the things we discussed on Sunday was the
possibility of setting a maximum limit on the number
of people at the show.

We also noticed that the majority of the people who
begged for a room the week before DCS06 STILL HAVE NOT
BOOKED A ROOM FOR DCS08.  Did you not learn from last
time?  You may not be so lucky, no matter how much Ken
likes you if the rooms are gone, they are gone.

Is it June 2008 Yet?

415 days to go...

http://www.deloreancarshow.com

http://mail.yahoo.com