Re: [DML] Google DeLorean

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kevin Abato <delorean@...> wrote:

> As fun as that might be to do, I am sure that's probably The reason they
> wont tell us when they do the satellite photos
>
> Could you just imagine what kind of stuff Google would have if
people knew
> they were doing it?  They would have to redo shots if its "questionable"
> displays people create.
>
> IF they were smart though, they would have their employees stand
outside the
> Google HQ, and spell out the company name on the next set of image
captures

> Now I want MY Delorean to be on Google too!  :)
>
> Kevin Abato
> Vin# 16680

I don't think you know how this works. Google (or microsoft
terraserver, or any other mapping site like these) has absolutely
nothing to do with actually taking the images. The images are sourced
from NASA, the USGS, Commissioned aerial photography for urban
planning, etc. All google, etc, does is license these images to use.
They don't take them.

Chris
VIN #3209

<*> Your email settings: