[DML] Re: Fluids changes

Should have at least 6 pints, 4 for the brakes and 2 for the clutch.
Should leave you some left over to keep around to "top off" if you
need any for anyy of your other cars. Should be Castrol GTLMA DOT 4.
For the cooling system you need 2 gallons of a nationally branded
permanant type ethylene-glycol based anti-freeze. Try to get the green
stuff. I like Prestone but it doesn't have to be that brand. You will
have to add 2 gallons of water to it so it is a 50/50 mix. Pressure
test the cap and the system to 15 psi and bleed all of the air out at
the bleeder nipple on the water pump and the radiator at the small
hose on the top left side. Any good shop should be capable of doing
this kind of job. It is not too complicated or different from most
other cars.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gremishe" <gremishevsky@...> wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to change my brake, clutch and coolant fluids. I never done
> this myself and I know I won't be able to handle it.
>
> I been taking my car to PJ Grady, but I leave in Chalfont PA and it's
> at least 5 hours drive each way (Last time it took me 7 hours to get
> back home). I don't really want to drive that far just to change the
> fluids.
>
> I do prefer that someone knowledgeable perform the job. If someone is
> close by and willing to do this for me(I'll pay for the time), please
> let me know. The only other choice for me is to take it to the local
> mechanic.
>
> I do have a good mechanic who works on my other cars, but he never
> worked on Delorean.
> Should a good mechanic be able to change brake, clutch and coolant on
> a Delorean?
> Are the procedures the same as for any other car or is there anything
> specific that he may need to know?
>
> Also, how many bottles of brake and clutch fluid do I need?
>
> Thank you,
> Gleb
> 3406

<*> Your email settings: