[DML] Fw: DeLorean Owners Association Event Â- Las Vegas May 2007 Â- Pos

[DML] Fw: DeLorean Owners Association Event Â- Las Vegas May 2007 Â- Postp

Daniel,

I've spent a lot of time in Vegas (probably too much!) and you're right about the Red Rock being a really nice resort.  I do agree, however, that the price per room can be beat in most of the major hotels, if one plans a little.  Now, if the price were to include say half of that $$$ going to the DOA to cover costs of sponsoring the events (and was said to be so in their literature) it might be a lot more palatable to folks.

I also feel that your "eliteist" attitude about DMC owners ("Maybe if we get a higher standard of owner, then the cars will be better maintained and the entire marquee will go up in value") has no place here.  These cars have always been about dreamers and visionaries.  Unfortunately for those of the 'upper crust', dreamers and visionaries are not always able to run in the same circles as those who know which fork to use for the shrimp.  That doesn't dampen their enthusiasm for and love of the car, the vision and the dream that they will be able to restore or remodel that broken-down version that they finally could afford to buy, to fulfill their dream; little by little, as the funds become available to them.

Craig Werner
07181

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional