From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
pool05743
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:43 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Purflux Vs. Bosch

I know this topic has been around a long time but I can't seem to
find a definitive answer and reason.  What filter is the best and
why?  I have heard the purflux does not have an anti drain back valve
or a bypass valve.  I have also heard that it does have these but
that they are weaker than the bosch.  I would just like to know
(price aside) what filter is better and what makes that filter better?

Another question, I recently bought two Peugeot oil filters from
France.  The numbers on the filters are 1109.45 and the numbers on
the box are crossed out and now read 1109.78.  When I look at the
purflux web site I see that both those numbers cross ref. to the
purflux LS410C.  The filter is a dark blue with yellow print.  They
do have the chevron style filter element.  Can anyone tell me more
about these filters?  Are they of any historical significance?  Would
they be allowed in concours events?

Last question, do oil filters go bad?  Is there any reason to be
concerned with an oil filter that has sat unused on the shelf for a
long time?  Will the rubber seal go bad?  Will the filter element
become brittle and possibly separate thus causing damage to the
engine?

I appreciate any information on these topics.  I am sorry to bring it
up again.  I am sure everyone is tired of talking about it.

Eric Pool

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional