[DML] Re: high idle

Wiring on the solenoid is not critical. However the hoses must be as
shown on the diagram in the manual or on the engine cover. If the
hoses are reversed the vacuum advance will hang a bit and you won't
pass a strict emission test. But that's not your problem at the
moment.

Based on your description I'd guess that the idle microswitch is not
engaging or is broken. OR the vacuum solenoid is passing vacuum all
the time. In that case you never cut off vacuum advance to the
distributor, and it will cause high idle (assuming nothing has been
adjusted in an attempt to fix it) once the engine warms enough to
switch vacuum from the regulator to the distributor.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@...>
wrote:

> Have you checked for the correct ROUTING of the vacuum lines from
the
> manifold vacuum switch? There are a couple of improper combinations
> that can cause some weird problems - also, check to be sure the
wires
> going to the vacuum solenoid are not backwards. In the back of my
> mind I seem to remember that the solenoid will not function
correctly
> if the wires are not on the correct contacts.
>
> Harold McElraft - 3354

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional