Re: [DML] Rear Calipers on Ebay

Good point Marc!

John is saying it is ok to buy the Saab M/C that is proportioned
wrong for the Delorean but it is not OK to buy the Jaguar Calipers
that are proportioned wrong for the Delorean.

I understand why the wrong M/C's were used but now the CORRECT ones
are available so why would anyone want the wrong Saab M/C that
effects braking badly in our Deloreans?

I believe I have the Saab unit in my car and when I hit the brakes
hard if I am not going straight the ass end will spin around. I have
already locked up my brakes and have had the rear end of my car start
to spin around, luckily I wasn't moving that fast or I would have
been sideways. If there was a car on the side of me I may have hit it.

Question is why would anybody want the Saab M/C when we know it is
wrong, the correct M/C is now available, and we know the braking is
severely effected with the Saab M/C?

This is when we have to stick to the stock specifications I guess.

Mark V

On Mar 30, 2007, at 5:42 PM, Marc Levy wrote:

> John,
>
> Don't take THIS the wrong way, but you do sell a 50/50
> Master cylinder... correct?
>
> You offer a great "independent" alternative for
> DeLorean parts, but now you are starting to sound like
> those other guys!
>
> I, and I am sure others on this list appreciate you
> pointing out that the Jaguar calipers are not
> identical to the stock DMC specifications.  We can all
> read the various hypothesis on if (and why) they will
> or wont work.
>
> However, considering you sell the 50/50 MC it is not a
> good position to say that only factory spec will work
> properly.
>
> Outside of some documentation as to why the engineers
> selected the parts they did, we can't say exactly why
> one part was chosen over another.  It may have been
> cost, or availability and had little to do with
> engineering for best performance.
>
> Is there anyone out there that has used these calipers
> on their DeLorean?  Can you report your results?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc
>
> --- John Hervey <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Harold, Don't take this the wrong way, but do you
>> want them on your car. If
>> so I will do the Hervey thing to them and trade you.
>> No charge. I'm ready to
>> send them back. I just can't in good conscience send
>> them out.
>> John :-)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional