Re: [DML] Rear Calipers on Ebay

It makes a big difference.  Hydraulic brakes work by pushing fluid
from the master cylinder to the slave cylinders in the calipers.  The
slave cylinders in the calipers are the insides of the pistons.  If you
change the volume of the fluid being pushed at the M/C and/or the size
of the pistons in the calipers, you will change the forces being applied
to the pads and therefore your braking feel and efficiency.  Most
M/Cs these days don't use an external proportioning valve, so if
you make the rear pistons smaller, all else being equal, you will
apply more force to the brakes at the rear.  This will tend to
cause the rear of the car to be unstable under braking, which is
just what you don't want with a rear engined car.

>From the description of the way your car brakes, I would say that
the Saab M/C is biased more to the rear than the OEM DeLorean
unit.  This bias pushes more fluid to the rears, causing them to lock
sooner, causing the tendency to spin.

--
Mike

-------------- Original message from DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------

> As of right now I have the Saab M/C on my car. I hit the brakes hard
> and the ass end wants to swing around.
>
> I cant see that 5mm will make that much of a difference in the piston
> size if you are running the correct M/C. Seems like they engineered
> it funny that way like some other parts on the car like the fuel
> sending unit where when it goes your kinda screwed.
>
> Mark V

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: