[DML] Re: Troubles with Delores 17076

>   While the engine was exercised regularly over the winter...
conditions here in Toronto Canada prevented any actual drives from late
December till now. Went to get her moving last week and found that the
clutch goes straight to the floor with no resistance. Opened the tranny
fluid reservoir under the hood and it is empty... with nothing on the
garage floor so I likely now have fluid trapped somewhere in the
underbody.

Mike, I just had the same thing happen to me.  I was occasionally
topping up the DOT 4 hydraulic fluid for the clutch, then one day the
clutch pedal just went completely to the floor.  Turned out to be the
clutch master cylinder.  ONE HUGE CAUTION:  The clutch fluid will have
likely leaked onto the floor beneath the carpet & the carpet probably
sucked up some of this.  Be sure to cover your driver's seat and any
interior components with something plastic before pulling the carpet
back to get at the master cylinder.  Like an idiot, I pulled my carpet
back and let it rest over my seat and some of the fluid dripped onto my
seat.  Needles to say, the fluid left a few discoloration splotches on
the leather.  That stuff will take paint off of nearly anything.

-Glenn

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: