[DML] Re: Performace fuel system

I never claimed it to be a "good thing to do", I just mention it as a
possible tweak. In fact I do NOT recomend it to the average Delorean
which will run just fine set to stock specs. Easy to check with a fuel
pressure gauge set-up. In this case we are discussing possible ways to
continue to use the K-Jet with a modified engine which will have a
higher fuel delivery demand. In fact, I did say he should, at this
point, consider removing the K-Jet and going with an EFI system.
Getting shims is no biggie, washers will do and trial-and-error will
get you to the right pressure, that and a pressure gauge. Just not as
easy as an EFI system.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@...> wrote:

> David, Yes, And where are you going to get the shims and what size
how are
> you going to get and how are the test results with out the equipment and
> when do you know when its to much or how much.
> Then what are you going to do about fuel going back to the tank now
that you
> have increased fuel flow. The FV is going to get rid of it because
there is
> more. So the purpose is defeated via the FV / Lambda system.
> The injectors are fine as they are it's the FD that has to be
modified to
> gain the results that are needed.
> John Hervey
> www.specialtauto.com

Behalf Of
> David Teitelbaum
> Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:51 AM
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] Re: Performace fuel system
>
> By shimming the spring on the Primary Pressure Regulator you can
> increase the pressure a little which would increase fuel flow. I know
> it isn't much but it IS one of the tweaks that can be done to increase
> fuel delivery. Other more radical mods would be to change the notches
> or the plunger inside the fuel distributer or even changing it to a
> model that flows more fuel. Changing the injectors could also help if
> necessary. The main problem is it is a mechanical system. To make
> tuning changes you have to either modify or replace actual parts. That
> is the most impressive feature of an EFI. You can adjust it all kinds
> of ways without even getting your hands dirty!
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
>

> [long quote trimmed by moderator]

<*> Your email settings: