From: "Dan Harris" <whocruiser@xxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Craig Radio Display Problem
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:18:23 -0000

I'd like to fix the all too common problem with the "dissappearing
digits" on the original and otherwise working Craig radio that I
recently reinstalled into 1662 after 10 years or so sitting in a box in
the closet.  For those who've done so before, is it usually just a case
of resoldering the connections between the flat flex cable and the
circuit boards (relatively easy), or does the actual flex cable itself
tend to go bad and have to be completely removed and replaced (which
I'm assuming would be much harder to do, not to mention sourcing a
suitable replacement.)  I'd love a bit of advice from someone in the
know before taking it back out of the car and opening it up.  I want to
get the full display working again before going to the show in
Celebration next month, but if the job will be too difficult I might
just leave it as it is.

*****WhoCruiser@xxxxxxx is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser
Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: http://www.scificruise.com