From: outatym2001
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 5:43 PM
Subject: [DML] Dunlop tires

DUNLOP GT QUALIFIER T.
Got the original stock rims on my '81 DeLorean rear 235/60R15
front 195/60R14 and I've put about 2,000 miles on this set in four
months. Live just 3-1/2 miles from work. I followed the DeLorean
handbook recommendation of 30 psi rear and 23 psi front for normal
driving. At freeway speeds you do have to raise your voice. It's
not bad. There is a little more noise coming from the rear tires
than I like. They're not quiet either. You can guesstimate your
mph by the pitch and tone from the tires. My commute to work is
just 3-1/2 miles and the speed limit is 35 mph max. The tires let
you know they're spinning when you hit 30 mph and just get deeper in
tone at higher speeds.
I used the Dunlops twice in the snow. Decent traction when
traveling at speeds below 35 mph. I didn't try going faster.
Although, when trying to start on a hill from a dead stop, initially
there's some rear wheel spin which eventually will get you rolling
then once your moving the Dunlops dig in and get you where you want
to go.
Good wet traction. There's some pull when hitting a large puddle
of water on just one side but not so much pull to cause you to leave
your lane. Of course the tread is new and it displaces a lot of
water.
Overall I'm happy with the set-up. The only alternative is the BF
Goodrich Radial T/A on all four rims and I couldn't stand the noise
and vibration. I got rid of them after only a month and 700 miles.
The DeLorean is light in the front so you'll want to NOT drive at
insane speeds around corners in any case while driving in the rain!

Mark R. Vanyo.
Member of www.pndc.org since Ocotber, 2000.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional