[DML] Re: Does Anyone Have an Extra Mirror Access Panel?

[DML] Re: Does Anyone Have an Extra Mirror Access Panel?

Rob,
www.delorean-parts.com
can help you get a new black plastic snap in panel that is 2-1/8" by
1" or 55mm by 25mm.  They have tons of used parts.  They are also
opening the new www.dmcnorthwest.com

The mirror and its electric motor inside the black housing are on a
swivel.  The swivel is a hollow metal tube where the wires that run
the electric motor pass through.
You must be able to see this since you said your black plastic cover
is missing.
The bottom of the hollow metal tube should have a circular 'C'
shaped clip around the outside.  This 'C' shaped clip is holding
many semi-flat washers that are smooshed together to act as a spring.
My 'C' shaped clip couldn't take the stress and broke.  So I bought
a slightly bigger one at the hardware store.  I first removed the
mirror from the door and took the mirror inside the hardware store
to get the correct size.  Then I had to slightly enlarge the groove
that the 'C' clip snaps into.
I would take a picture of my mirror on my DeLorean but it's 1:18 am
and it's very dark and cold outside.  Maybe later today?  When it's
raining and cloudy.

Mark R. Vanyo.
VIN 02261
Gearing up for DMC Northwest open house on March 24, 2007.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rob Greenhaw <wylldshark@...> wrote:

> My left side mirror housing is missing the little black snap in
panel and I was wondering if there was an extra one someone had
lying around?

>   Also, my left side mirror wiggles around loosely so I was
wondering what can I do about that?  Not the plate attached to the
car, but the part connecting the mirror to the plate.

>   I was thinking mybe a nut or something may be missing.
>
>   Thanks guys,
>   Rob Greenhaw
>   wylldshark@...
>   rgreenhaw@...