[DML] Informal S. Fla. Get Together This Friday?

[DML] Informal S. Fla. Get Together This Friday?

I went out to the local weekly car cruise in at Tower Shops in
Davie/West Ft Lauderdale (University Drive at the I-595 overpass)
last Friday night for the first time in months and met two other
owners there.  One had left his D at home, and the other was a brand
new owner who'd just gotten his car a week earlier from DMC Florida.
One of them phoned me up last night and said they had a third owner
coming out to Tower Shops to park with them this Friday night, and
would I come along and be the fourth car, which I shall do.  Any
chance of turning out a few more local cars there this weekend?  We
had 4 together there one night a year or two ago but never more than
that, it'd be nice to see a bigger group.  For those who've not been
before, it's just an informal gathering of classic, custom, and
collectable cars that's been happening every Friday evening weather
permitting for several years in a big centrally located shopping mall
parking lot.  No special activities or judging, just several hundred
neat cars of all makes and vintages, a few vendors, and lots of
people browsing around to look at everything.  Free to come and look,
$2 donation per displayed car to help the organizers cover the cost
of a "oldies" music DJ and security with local off duty police
officers.  The show technicaly starts at 6pm and ends at 10pm, but
some cars start showing up to claim prime spaces as early as 4pm.  If
you can come, please e-mail me privately, and/or post on the dmcnews
or fldmc Yahoo Groups or on dmctalk, so whoever gets there first can
grab enough spaces together for us.  Several good food options are
right there in the plaza, so you can grab a bite if you want to.  As
it's just two days before St Patrick's Day, it'd be a great time to
turn out a big bunch of D's for the public to gawk at.  Maybe I'll
even print up some green signs or banners for the windshields
saying "kiss my bumper, I'm made in Ireland..." or some such!  Hope
to see a few of y'all there.

Dan Harris - VIN # 1662 - FL Tag # MY 81DMC

*****WhoCruiser@xxxxxxx is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser
Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: http://www.scificruise.com
Purr-use The Cat House at: http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage