    Posted by: "mike clemens" rmclemns@xxxxxxxxx rmclemns
    Date: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:24 am ((PST))

Hello Nick,

I measured the resistance in my fuel float and came up
with the following numbers:

Full tank----------100 ohms
Half full tank----- 60 ohms
Empty tank---------  6 ohms

Please note that you should never get a reading of
zero ohms.  The reason is the design of the float and
the resistive wiring used to transmit the voltage.
Even with the float bottomed out, there is a small
portion of wire on the very bottom that is used to
connect the contacts together and it is always being
measured.

On a side note, the low fuel light comes on when the
float bottoms out.  This indicates there is about one
inch of fuel left in the tank or 1.3 gallons/5 liters.

Hope this helps you out.

Mike

    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx