[DML] Concours....

[MODERATOR NOTE: For anyone interested in this topic there is a
seperate discussion group for the concours. For better or worse the
concours topic does not interest most DMLers, and in the past a few
very opinionated people clogged the DML with a large number of
concours posts. If you are interested in competing in the Millenium
Coucours I advise you to join that discussion group.
- Mike Substelny, DML Moderator of the week]

Moderator, I totally agree!!!  But just to re-enforce the fact that
the new setup was not just pulled out of thin air I have listed some
interesting info.  It is a good system!

Thanks, Ron

1.
Bloomington Gold
David Burroughs Introduces Certification® Judging

Prior to 1978, judging at Bloomington was based on "car versus car"
competition. There were class winners and best of show winners, and,
of course, there were losers. All that changed for the Corvette and
collector car hobby when, in 1978, David Burroughs unveiled Gold
Certification® judging.

Burroughs' plan was to enable any Corvette to be a winner if it met
high standards of authenticity. Gold Certification® would require
Corvettes to be judged not against one another, but as to the car's
level of accuracy compared to the day it left the factory. A Corvette
would earn a Gold Certification® if its condition was within 95 to
100 percent of the way it rolled off the assembly line - no better,
no worse. Being 100 percent factory authentic, though, did not mean
the car was 100 percent perfect, because Corvettes weren't perfect
when new. A group of judges were assembled from the nation's most
knowledgeable Corvette experts and the National Corvette
Certification Board was born The Gold Certification® judging
procedures thus established became the benchmark for judging of all
types of automobiles

2.
NCRS Judging-Point System
Our point system is a deduct scoring system. Please keep in mind that
you are starting with a perfect slate and 4500pts. One and two point
deductions should not be of a great concern.
Maximum point loss to attain Awards:
Top Flight  94-100%
Second Flight  85-93.9%
Third Flight  75-84.9%

3.
CHEVY VETTE FEST
To receive a Gold Spinner Award a car must receive 95% to 100% of the
total possible points.	To receive a Silver Spinner Award a car must
receive 89% to 94% of the total possible points.	To receive a
Bronze Spinner Award a car must receive 82% to 88% of the total
possible points.
Each car will also receive a certificate inscribed with owner's name,
the model, year, serial number of the vehicle and Spinner Registry
Number. They are also eligible for "Judge's Choice Achievement
Awards".
If you would like to participate in the "Gold Spinner Concours", just
print a copy of the registration form and mail with payment to
Championship Auto Shows

4.
SHELBY
SCORING STANDARDS
Judging is based on 2/3 Authenticity (600 points), 1/3 Workmanship
(300 points) for 900 Total points. Cars are to be measured against a
common standard of excellence, not against each other. The
establishment of minimum scoring standards provides a base of
perfection that must be attained for each award level.
Division I. Stock/Original cars. Minimums required for award levels:
Level	              Total Points	Pct	Authenticity
Premiere	882	98%	570/95%
Gold	855	95%	no minimum
Silver	810	90%	no minimum
Bronze	765	85%	no minimum