Re: [DML] Re: (Exotic cars are just that, exotic!) Be careful BEFORE YOU

Re: [DML] Re: (Exotic cars are just that, exotic!) Be careful BEFORE YOU BUY A Delorean

I?m in complete agree with you Shane
  I don?t have a lot of old cars but I now well what a classic and exotic means. My first old car was a 77 Monte Carlo.  Very great condition I sold it so I can buy a 85 XJ6 jaguar Vanden Plas (now 100% restored). I? m working now in a 75 SV-1 Bricklin and hopfully when I finish it this year I want to hunt a De Lorean or a Volvo P1800. Any way all the old cars are just for the passion, they makes you feel very, very good when you look at any of them. So my advise to any new De lorean or other classic car owner is to remember that they are old, classic, exotic and part of the history, so don?t try to push them to hard.
  P.D. Well Shane I need to give you my congratulation for your Dino, since I was a kid I always have a crush with that car.

  Efrain

shane clarke <ltshaneclarke@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:          I can tell these new owners are frustrated, but I don't think they knew what kind of car they were buying. As most of you know, I collect exotic cars, my D being one of them. And, that's exactly what a D is. A 26 year old exotic car. My D has low miles and definately takes my time and sometimes my money to keep on the road. But, the cost and work that is required on my DeLorean is nothing compared to my Ferrari Dino. Talk about an angry Italian classic exotic car. That car doesn't start sometimes, just because it's angry. I would caution anyone from jumping to conclusions about the reliability of the DeLorean. My D is quite reliable and over the six years I've owned her I've had to do some updating of parts and overall brightening of the car itself, but what gets fixed or replaced tends to stay fixed or working. I can't say the same about my Jaguar or Ferrari. I worry that people expect to buy a DeLorean and have it
 be as reliable as a newer mainstream car, such
as a Toyota or BMW. It is a classic and exotic car. You buy it because you are passionate about it and it makes you smile when it has a temper tantrum or gets sick. You smile because you care about the car and your heart beats faster when you see it sitting in your garage or you drive it down the road. Let's remember team that the DeLorean is quickly gaining notoriety as a true exotic. When I show it next to my Ferrari in the summer time, there is a constant crowd around the DeLorean, almost as if the Ferrari isn't there. Be patient with your D's and show them the love and attention they deserve. I agree that a very good example of our marque should probably cost between $30,000 and $45,000 to attain. If you spent under that be prepared to spend a bit. I got my D for $12,000 and I have no problem putting money into here since she brings me joy. Just as an exotic should. Exotic cars are purchased on emotion and passion. That's what makes them exotic!

Shane Clarke, CAPT, USAF
"Sharke"
Space and Missile Warning Officer

<*> Your email settings: