RE: [DML] DCS PS - West 2009

    Hi everyone, it's great to see all this talk about future shows. It
couldn't have come at a better time!

Yes, I did put on a show in 2001:

http://www.ncdmc.org/carshow/2001wrapup.htm

That was 2 weeks after 9:11 and I still had everyone who signed up in
advance make it to the event. To get the numbers I needed for the
venues, I billed it as a 'gullwing' show and included Bricklins and
Mercedes 300sl gullwings. The Bricklin people were really great and did
what they could to help. Where I got the most help was Hank and Mimi
Breer (who were over 500 miles from the venue. Who says you can't help
from a distance!). They arranged for most of the raffle prizes and bag
stuffers. Everyone came away from the show with a ton of stuff. The
raffles put me just into the black (whew!), which made me very happy,
because I did the whole event out of my own pocket. One of our members
was a friend of the curator of the Blackhawk Auto Museum so we were able
to arrange an affordable evening dinner sitting with the cars from the
Pebble Beach Concours, and we even had a Tucker arranged for the event.
Also, the attendants could tour the Titanic exhibit, for free, that was
supposed to be part of the draw at the last DOA Expo in Las Vegas (for
an extra fee). The DOA board came to my event (and donated raffle
prizes, thank you). Ed Bernstein himself attended. I think it's the only
non-DOA DeLorean event he's ever attended (and held a private party that
I wasn't invited to).

While that show appealed to a more upscale audience, DCS West will be
like Ken K's shows - with a western twist or two. Our current target for
the first DSC West show is Las Vegas in 2009. I imagine it will be in
the fall so it won't conflict with the DMC Open House's. This will be a
'clubs' show and you'll see major portions of it handled by members of
the NCDMC, AZ-D, and D-SD.

As Ken K has said: "This is your show". What it becomes and how much
success it has is a direct result of those that attend and those that
can help put it on. I look forward to your ideas and opinions (and some
help too!).

Funny someone should mention Yosemite. That's being looked at for the
future.

Ken (M)
Ken Montgomery, Sacramento CA - VIN #10911 'OUTTIME' & VIN 05794
http://www.time-traveler.org/delorean/
mailto:kenm@xxxxxxxx
President, Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://www.ncdmc.org
http://www.dmcnews.com mailto:directory@xxxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities. Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)