[DML] Re: DCS

> 4. DCS
> Posted by: "kKoncelik@xxxxxxx" kKoncelik@a
> Date: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:22 am ((PST))
>
>snip<
>
> ...since this show is pretty much just me and my family and a few volunteers
its
> not feasable for me to do so.
>
>snip<
>
> If you want to do something about it as well the new DCS West could use  help.
>
>snip<
>
> ...and (the key factor) Active members.
>
>snip<
>
> DO you want to be a part of it we need the help.(This is the key to  success)
> Action makes the show work.

Do you see a recurring theme here?

The DCS needs more "hands on doers" than "arm chair quarter backs"/"back seat
drivers" to make it more successful/enjoyable. If you find yourself complaining
about the DCS I'd like to ask... "What have you done to help?"

Lots of people tend to have a "what's in it for me" attitude. Without sounding
sappy or quoting JFK we need to have the attitude of what can I do to help make
this show a great show. It is "our show" after all. Other than input as to the
"where" of future shows, or ideas on how, what things should be done...what can
you DO to help?

Does your profession lend itself able to help the show in some way? e.g. Josh H.
Tiffany O. & I help out with some of the T-shirt designs/logos/name badges/maps
so Ken doesn't have to hire out that work then pass it on to attendees in the
price of the show. Do you own a business and be willing to donate (or offer a
reduced cost) for it's services? Do you have some connections elsewhere that
could help?

And even if you don't the show could use your help.
Since the Cleveland show my wife and I have helped in the parking/reg. of the Sat
show. It's only a couple of hours out of the whole weekend. I don't think it is
all that much but Ken says it helps him out a great deal - one less thing for him
to have to be "hands on". There is always a need for loading & unloading of
vehicles as equipment/raffle items/etc. gets transported from here to there.
Sadly all DeLorean owners/enthusiasts aren't honest and badge I.D. checkers/door
security is needed too.

These are just a few areas where people can help. I'm sure there is much more. If
you want to help but don't know what you could do, contact Ken K. I'm sure he
could find a place for you. --- With that said... if you can't make a commitment
you can keep, don't volunteer or offer your services. The show needs dependable,
reliable help.

Shannon Y

Never Miss an Email

Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums &amp; communities. Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)