[DML] DCS

<<<Boy it's nice to live on the west coast, like a forgotten bunch  out here,
so Ken you won't come west of the Mississippi, well I won't take my  car east
of it either, now we are even.
Lloyd--#3502>>>>

Hi
You are certainly not alone and that has been a problem.
Have you ever been to a DCS show and I bet you have not as is true with  many
west coast owners.
I did not expect you to bring your car as I do understand the distance and
cost.  If you have read other e-mails most owners do not go over 600 miles  so
I am totally aware of that issue.

We do have a problem with getting everything we do out to the west coast
since this show is pretty much just me and my family and a few volunteers its
not feasable for me to do so.  We now have a group forming to help at the  shows
but that still does not make it easier for me to do a show out west.

The people that do the shows out west do not have some of the materials,
stage stuff etc that I have to do a show out west nor the coverage or
registration packages..
The show has stayed where it can get its draw and as you know has done  quite
well. Also the DOA in the past has had shows out west although lately  its
been spotty and the attendance has been low.
Have you attended any of the West Coast shows and if not think of  why.
Despite you reasons they are your reasons and resulted in what you  decided to do
as you made the statement above.  Its a good valid  point.

If you have been reading we are doing DCS West.  There is a group out  there
that wants to do a show and even if DCS did come West how often would we  do
it. In the past I have tried to help organize a show in Vegas and Phoenix and
both times it fell through.

If you want to do something about it as well the new DCS West could use  help.

It will utilize the documents, videos, Guests etc of DCS but be held in the
West.
The group would have direct access that has been needed in the West and as
the show grows like DCS I think we will have two great shows that serve
everyone.  It also allows for cross help between the shows giving us more  people to
run these events.

I hope you do come to DCS and take ideas back and make DCS West as
successful as DCS has been in the east.

Its nothing personal against the west its just being pretty much a one man
show here and there is a limit to what I can do.  And as you have seen  by
groups that have come and gone in the past when you go above your limit  things
start to fall apart.  I am staying within my means at this  point.

The list of show locations as you read are based on a 600 mile radius  and
(the key factor) Active members.
Our goal is to get more West coast owners active by giving them a show as  we
did out here and as cars get back on the road, the show will grow as DCS
did.  Hope it gets as big or bigger than DCS.

Hope this answers your question the statement of us coming out west is not
that we forget about the west coast people in fact its the opposite and was
meant to push the DCS West show.

DO you want to be a part of it we need the help.(This is the key to  success)
Action makes the show work.  Thank you for your comment I hope  after this
you realize we are trying to give the West coast the same  quality show that we
do as you see it out East.

Ken
DeLorean Car Show Inc.

<*> Your email settings: