Re: [DML] Future DCS Location--Opinions?

Re: [DML] Future DCS Location--Opinions?

In a message dated 2/14/2007 3:27:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
videobob@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  think the show should be central in the US, unless you have evidence that
there is a high
concentration of owners who would attend on one side of  the country.
Going to Detroit or Orlando for anyone else but those on the  east cost is an
insane drive.
-VB

I have five shows of evidence that the average drive is 600 miles after  that
the people may come by air but the cars do not.  That said this is why  I
have the shows in TN besides the Tax Break I get and in the Centeral  Midwest.  I
went out on a limb on Gettysburg but I believe that is a good  enough draw
the pre registraiton has shown a real strong hotel registration well  above any
other show so this may just be the biggest show to date.  Also I  have to be
at the show and bring everything.  Chicago took 7  trucks/trailers to get the
stuff there. Kinda hard to do in Vegas.

So for all of you I tend to use the 600 mile drive rule when I do a  show,

IF I do a show in Phoenix I would expect about 80- 100 cars and that would
be real good for that location but we still could draw 600 people. Phoenix
airport would be busy,  Marc could hitch a ride easily.

I thought I would comment on this one comment on location and drive since  it
does play a part.  As far as locations lets see what you all say the  results
so far are interesting and this is Patrick's baby so I will let him  finish.

Thanks

Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional