Re: [DML] Future DCS Location--Opinions?

Re: [DML] Future DCS Location--Opinions?

Ken and I had a similar discussion about the 2008
show.  Hot Springs was one of his options, but I
encouraged him to keep it further east.  The
participation of the DMA in prior DCS shows may have
helped Ken choose.

I spoke to you and Ken on the telephone Sunday about
this, so I might as well share my thoughts with
everyone else..

See Below.

--- "Patrick C." <PRC1216@xxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>

> First off, when answering, please state if you have
> been to a DCS in
> the past, and if you would bring your DeLorean to
> any of the
> following locations.

I have been to EVERY DCS event, with at least one of
my DeLoreans.  That said, I'd probably go to DCS no
matter where it was, even if it was without my car.
Location is secondary to the experience of the event.

> Which of the following locations would you prefer
> for the 2010 show?
<SNIP>

> St. Louis, MO

About 1000 miles for me. About the same distance
Memphis was, and probably about as far as I would
consider driving for a extended weekend trip.

I have never been to St. Louis, so that is a bonus.

> Detroit, MI

Been to Detroit.  Not sure what the attraction would
be for a DCS event (No offense if you are from
Detroit)... However, the 600 mile drive is more
desirable than the alternatives.

> Nashville, TN

I think the state of Tennessee is sick of DeLoreans,
but 850 miles for me.  Not in to country music. Not my
first choice, but I'd drive there.

> Orlando, FL (parking would be on Universal Studios
> property)

Orlando seems to come up a lot.  It is also about 1000
miles for me, so I'd probably drive it.  This is
probably my #1 choice on your list because it is a
desirable vacation spot.  I'd prefer Disney over
Universal, but either will do.

> Branson, MO

1200 miles for me!  That kinda puts it over the top.
Isn't Branson where all of the acts go right before
they check in to the nursing home?  I'd consider
flying to Branson if we end up there, or try and plan
a larger vacation around DCS.

> Ken also likes Hot Springs, AR and Phoenix, AZ but
> those would not be
> for the 2010 show.

Hot Springs is 1250 miles.  So, same story as Branson
for me.

Phoenix is 2500 miles.  As much as I would love to do
a cross-country road trip, it is just not cost
effective... even if I plan a longer trip around it.
If Ken does Phoenix, I will be there - Just pick me up
at the airport!

Here is another idea, how about a car show on a cruise
ship?  Maybe Ken can make a deal with one of the lines
that goes out of Philadelphia or Baltimore?  Drive the
cars on the boat, and keep the cars clean for the
whole weekend!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: