[DML] Re: DMC Midwest Update & revised date

[DML] Re: DMC Midwest Update & revised date

We're moving the "Grand Opening" date to Saturday April 28 due to a
couple of conflicts. So re-mark your calendars. More info later.
---
And now for a shop update - the inventory got here on Monday, and with
the help of Ben from Texas, and local helper Bill Schafer, we got an
entire 54' semi full of DeLorean parts unpacked and put away in one
day. In 10-degree weather. It now looks like a miniature Houston with
the crates of doors and fenders reaching to the ceiling, as well as the
smaller racks of bin boxes in the loft.

Within 24 hours we'd had our first over-the-counter parts sale (a
windshield and a fuel system rebuild) to a local customer that we'd
never met before. Word must be getting around. We're officially opening
the doors Monday February 5, but we're actually keeping longer hours
now. Not many DMC facilities are manned and accepting deliveries on
Sunday afternoons, but we did just that this past weekend when
Fedex/Passport dropped off an out-of-state car (#12 in the shop) for
service.

An interesting note - we decided that we'd better inspect the entire
two crates of of OEM windshields since the crates appeared to have
quite a few miles on them (Germany to Ireland to Columbus to Houston to
Chicago). Pretty scary for Julee and I - moving close to $20k worth of
glass a sheet at a time! We found one broken one, but I was very
pleased to see how good they looked overall. With all the noise over
the past few years about so-called delamination I was worried about
what we'd find.

We should have the website up shortly with some currrent photos.

Dave and Julee (still tired....but looking forward to working on cars
again, instead of buildings).
DeLorean Motor Company Midwest
Crystal Lake IL

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle" <swingle_dmc@...> wrote:

> We've been busy here in the frozen north. - - -  Mark your calendars
for our more
> formal "Grand Opening" party April 21.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional