Re: [DML] Binnacle

The top is covered with a ureathane and smoothed out
Depending on how the under portion is that is what the surface will look
like
Usually its pretty good.
on ocassions when the curve sections are cracked or extremely dry it makes
it more difficult.

We tried to use foam but it makes it rather thick and is hard to install
with the dash.
At this point I think I am the only one recovering these things and
hopefully Houston will get theirs out.
about 90% of them come out real good there are some that still shadow a bit
but either way its much much better than the way the come in.

We also tried a seam on the sides that make it pull less but since the seam
was not on the original we got a lot of returns for perfectly good recovers
except the side seams so we went to a one piece stretch.
The material is really stretched and sometimes you need to trim the inner
black trim about a half inch because the edge pulls tight and it decreases that
window a bit.

As of now these are avail through the vendors as I do not refurbish it for
just mail ins.
Most vendors have used the refurbishes from me like Special T , PJ   Grady
and DMCH and overseas.

Right now its the best option at a reasonable cost as it takes about 4  hours
to do one binnacle due to the stretching and clamping.

So now you know how to do it.

Anyone else want to take over I would like to get out of this business
believe it or not.
But until there is a good alternative I guess that I will be doing  them.

Cost depends on how messed up the dash and binnacle are.

Both raffle cars had refurbished dashes so they have been out there for a
while. I have been doing them for about 7 years and have done about 100 of  them.

This is not one of my favorites to say the least.

So hope this answers your question

Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional