This e-mail is the sole, confidential property of Financial Liberty Mortgage Corporation.

From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DML - the DeLorean Mailing List
Messages In This Digest (19 Messages)
1a. Re: Antenna options From: lordshill@xxxxxxx
1b. Re: Antenna options From: Mike Bosworth
1c. Re: Antenna options From: Robert Patz
2. DMA Holiday Party - Website Recap From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club
3a. Otterstats From: Shannon Yocom
3b. Re: Otterstats From: Tell you if you ask.
4. DeLorean For SALE Michigan From: Lawrence Lormand
5. Re: iPod adapter? From: Jan van de Wouw
6a. Re: Found the Original Owner 17076 From: Mike Walsh
6b. Re: Found the Original Owner 17076 From: Eric Pool
6c. Re: Found the Original Owner 17076 From: Parts Pit Mike
7a. Battery Chargers From: Aaron Crocco
7b. Re: Battery Chargers From: Robert Patz
7c. Re: Battery Chargers From: Chris Shepherd
7d. Re: Battery Chargers From: David Teitelbaum
7e. Re: Battery Chargers From: Daniel
8. Re: antenna options From: BRUCE BENSON
9. Doc Brown - new Direct TV commerical From: Robert Patz
10. Jeremy Popp's DeLorean Website From: Michael & Denise
View All Topics | Create New Topic Messages
1a. Re: Antenna options
Posted by: "lordshill@xxxxxxx" lordshill@xxxxxxx   lordshill1
Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm (PST)
Adam.. I think it is Video Bob who sells a very nice Stainless steel
automatic antenna. The directions to hook it up comes with it and they are very
clear. Do not know if this helps,
Roy
0893

Messages in this topic (10)
1b. Re: Antenna options
Posted by: "Mike Bosworth" mike.bosworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   bozzzydmc
Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:19 pm (PST)
Hi Adam

Most things to some degree can be 'made to work' and as someone has
already said they have put an auto antenna in the front wing then yes
I suppose it can be done. However until i see some pictures as to the
ammount of structual underbody that had to be 'cut' away to
accomodate this, i wouldn't recommend it.

Heck why not stick with a stock rear quarter panel install its far
less work and safer in my opinion.

Kind Regards

Mike B

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "supremeadmiralsenn"
<AdmiralSenn@...> wrote:

> Okay, more questions. I looked through the DML archives but I'm
hoping
> for an update...
>
> My car (well, it's not mine yet, but you know..) has the fender
> antenna. I know that mounting a power antenna there would require
some
> cutting into the material underneath, but my question is, has anyone
> done it?
>
> If so, I'd like pictures. My car is already not stock and somewhat
> updated, I might as well make it convenient to cover it (cover has a
> hole in it... I'd rather it just slide over).
>
> Thanks!
>
> And, of course, if the answer is no... I'll have to do it myself at
> some point.
>
> -Adam
> Eventually, VIN 03416

Messages in this topic (10)
1c. Re: Antenna options
Posted by: "Robert Patz" topgunster@xxxxxxxxxxxx   topgunster
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:10 pm (PST)
Rear antenna's look so much better also!

BOB - - - - - 808
5144

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth@...>
wrote:

> Hi Adam
>
> Most things to some degree can be 'made to work' and as someone has
> already said they have put an auto antenna in the front wing then
yes
> I suppose it can be done. However until i see some pictures as to
the
> ammount of structual underbody that had to be 'cut' away to
> accomodate this, i wouldn't recommend it.
>
> Heck why not stick with a stock rear quarter panel install its far
> less work and safer in my opinion.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Mike B
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "supremeadmiralsenn"
> <AdmiralSenn@> wrote:
> >
> > Okay, more questions. I looked through the DML archives but I'm
> hoping
> > for an update...
> >
> > My car (well, it's not mine yet, but you know..) has the fender
> > antenna. I know that mounting a power antenna there would require
> some
> > cutting into the material underneath, but my question is, has
anyone
> > done it?
> >
> > If so, I'd like pictures. My car is already not stock and somewhat
> > updated, I might as well make it convenient to cover it (cover
has a
> > hole in it... I'd rather it just slide over).
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > And, of course, if the answer is no... I'll have to do it myself
at
> > some point.
> >
> > -Adam
> > Eventually, VIN 03416

Messages in this topic (10)
2. DMA Holiday Party - Website Recap
Posted by: "Delorean Mid-Altantic Club" clubevents@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   dmaclubevents
Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm (PST)
Just a note to let you know that the Delorean Mid-Atlantic website has been
updated with a recap of our 2006 Holiday Party that took place on Dec. 9th
in NYC.
You can see pictures and a full write-up on our website at
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/updates/updates.htm

We have also set a date for the 2007 Spring Social. Make sure to save the
date! Saturday April 21st in Netcong NJ! More details to follow shortly
on this event.

- Delorean Mid-Atlantic Club

Messages in this topic (1)
3a. Otterstats
Posted by: "Shannon Yocom" ssdelorean@xxxxxxxxx   ssdelorean
Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm (PST)
"Raddad",
You are not the only one. I too am on the original otterstat in my car after
105,000 miles.

There was time I over heated due to the Alt belt breaking, so I thought I damaged
the otterstat and changed it just to be safe. After doing so the "new" otterstat
would turn on properly but not shut off. I then got another "new" otterstat from
a different vendor with a different On-Off temps. This too would turn on but not
off. Long story short - put the original one back in and all works properly. My
car is very picky about it's otterstat :-)

Shannon Y
16506

---------------

4b. Otterstats
Posted by: "Dick Ryan" deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx deloreanbiker
Date: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:16 am ((PST))

I never cease to be amazed by what I "learn" on the DML. I find the
otterstat discussion fascinating.

I have owned two DeLoreans (sequentially & continuosly) since 1982.
Between the two I have logged very close to 200,000 miles. In that
time I've only replaced one otterstat. After hearing that so many of
you have had problems, I sort of wonder "what am I doing wrong"? Am I
the only one with this experience?

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

Be a PS3 game guru.

Messages in this topic (12)
3b. Re: Otterstats
Posted by: "Tell you if you ask." racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx   cruznmd
Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:09 pm (PST)
Well after hearing other owners' testimonial, I now know I'm not
crazy.

Although I appreciate John's offer of a new otterstat, I'm tired of
opening my cooling system risking an air bubble every time. I'm going
with Toby's fan switch. I wish there were a little more testimonial
but 3 otterstats cost the same as his part and I've already spent
that much so I might as well risk it.

Rich A.

wrote:

> Hi Dick
>
> Well ive had my car for a little over two years and had to replace
> one year old otterstat. I can only put this down to 'poor'
> manufacturing
>
> Im pleased you have had a better experience with these, its a
little
> thing that makes a big 'differnce' :)
>
> Regards
>
> MikeB
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker@> wrote:
> >
> > I never cease to be amazed by what I "learn" on the DML. I find
the
> > otterstat discussion fascinating.
> >
> > I have owned two DeLoreans (sequentially & continuosly) since
1982.
> > Between the two I have logged very close to 200,000 miles. In
that
> > time I've only replaced one otterstat. After hearing that so
many of
> > you have had problems, I sort of wonder "what am I doing wrong"?
Am I
> > the only one with this experience?
> >
> > Dick Ryan
> > VIN 16867

Messages in this topic (12)
4. DeLorean For SALE Michigan
Posted by: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr@xxxxxxxxxxx   vin00538
Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm (PST)
HEllO ALL,
Just to let you all know I have just finished working on Vin 05973 it
is a manual, Grey interior, Oct, 81 Build, Grooved hood N/F,8000 miles
on her, Fan Fail update installed (Hervey's), New Fuel Distributor, New
Acumilator,New Fuel Filter, Gas tank was Cleaned, New Fuel Pump,
Original NCT tires & look new, I just finished adjusting the air flow
meter & she runs great, things still needed,Pass window motor spins but
window doesn't, Brakes: I haven't looked at but,looks like there was a
brake Master cylinder Leak, it's not leaking now, I would have them
checked as there is some paint removed in the normal area between the
fuel cell & frame, interior is clean pass carpet behind seat is ate up
a little from battery leak, Rear view mirror is not for a delorean,
crumple looks good, front & rear towers look good, cat is good, all
Stainless panels in great clean condition, I saw 1 small ding on door
pin size (you wouldn't see it),a/c not working but some freon is all
that would take. call me for more info or call Dennis @ 1-(248)-225-
8266 DENNIS IS ASKING $24,500 & IS WORTH MORE IN THE $30,000 RANGE IN
MY OPPINION AS A RESTORATION EXPERT & MECHANIC. if you call Dennis tell
him You found out through Me Lawrence. I have pic to if you want to see
them email me.
Lawrence
Lawrence's Delorean Repair & Service
313-506-3786

Messages in this topic (1)
5. Re: iPod adapter?
Posted by: "Jan van de Wouw" janvdwouw@xxxxxxxxx   janvdwouw
Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:08 pm (PST)
Hi,

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright@...> wrote:
> Why is the Belkin the best? Simply, when you
> remove power from it, your iPod will pause.
> I can only assume the Belkin unit sends an
> actual signal to the iPod some how. Other
> adapters don't do this, so you have to manually
> pause the iPod when you get out of the car.

The Belkin has a resistor in the plug which tells
the iPod to power down upon loosing power, just like
when You're using an Apple Dock at your computer...

I've got my iPod connected to my Aftermarket Kenwood
Head Unit with Kenwoods KCA-iP500 interface, which
actually does the same power down, and on top of that
gives me control over the iPod on the Head Unit and
gives Readout of the tracknames and such on it's display.

So the iPod can be stowed away out of sight and
still be used to (allmost) its full potential.

Another great system is the ICE>link Plus system
by Dension, which is available for allmost all
big brand s of After Market Stereo's.

Good Luck,

JAN van de Wouw
The Netherlands

Former owner of #05141,
now driving a Toyota Aygo 1.0 VVT-i

Messages in this topic (8)
6a. Re: Found the Original Owner 17076
Posted by: "Mike Walsh" mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   ronin5030
Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:09 pm (PST)
#17084 went from Consolidated to an Oakville Ontario dealer (Canadian
Specs). I bought it from the original owner who included all the paperwork.

- Mike Walsh

Messages in this topic (4)
6b. Re: Found the Original Owner 17076
Posted by: "Eric Pool" epool2005@xxxxxxxxxxx   pool05743
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:05 pm (PST)
Speaking of finding original owners...I was wondering if anyone had
suggestions on how to find any information about what dealer the car was
bought at or who was the original owners? My PO does not have much info for
me. Here is my VIN number incase anyone else has heard of it -
SCEDT26T4BD005743

Thanks - Eric Pool
#17084 went from Consolidated to an Oakville Ontario dealer (Canadian
Specs). I bought it from the original owner who included all the
paperwork.

- Mike Walsh

Messages in this topic (4)
6c. Re: Found the Original Owner 17076
Posted by: "Parts Pit Mike" thepartspit@xxxxxxxxxx   partspitmike2000
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:09 pm (PST)
Thanks Mike!

Parts Pit Mike

Mike Walsh <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
#17084 went from Consolidated to an Oakville Ontario dealer (Canadian
Specs). I bought it from the original owner who included all the paperwork.

- Mike Walsh

Messages in this topic (4)
7a. Battery Chargers
Posted by: "Aaron Crocco" acrocco@xxxxxxxxx   slider10
Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:11 pm (PST)
Hey all,

Even though the winter here in NY has been extremely mild, I have
'winterized' my delorean. While only owning my car for a couple of
years, I am now very exposed to the pitfalls of the battery not being
used frequently. I'd say this was the year of the jump start for
me. Well I think one season is enough and I've decided to find a
suitable car charger that I can use when the spring comes around.

I have an Exide battery from PJ Grady's. I don't know anything about
batteries except that. I was checking out Amazon and saw one that is
a good seller and got good reviews. It is the Schumacher SSC-1000A
charger. It looks good and isn't expensive at $49.99. I'd like to
know what you guys think and if this isn't good, please post an
alternative.

Any help you guys can give, would be much appreciated. Once I have
this down, I can focus on the potential hot start problem I
encountered late this year.

Thanks!

-Aaron Crocco
Vin 5591
NY Plate: OUTATYM

Messages in this topic (5)
7b. Re: Battery Chargers
Posted by: "Robert Patz" topgunster@xxxxxxxxxxxx   topgunster
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:06 pm (PST)
Hi Aaron,
What you want is a trickle charge, charger, which will turn off when
the battery is full charged. A battery will degrade faster when not
in use. This will help prolong the life of your battery.

Have a Great Day!
BOB - - - - - 808
5144
AZ-D.org
FAST IS FUN!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Aaron Crocco <acrocco@...> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Even though the winter here in NY has been extremely mild, I have
> 'winterized' my delorean. While only owning my car for a couple
of
> years, I am now very exposed to the pitfalls of the battery not
being
> used frequently. I'd say this was the year of the jump start for
> me. Well I think one season is enough and I've decided to find a
> suitable car charger that I can use when the spring comes around.
>
> I have an Exide battery from PJ Grady's. I don't know anything
about
> batteries except that. I was checking out Amazon and saw one that
is
> a good seller and got good reviews. It is the Schumacher SSC-
1000A
> charger. It looks good and isn't expensive at $49.99. I'd like
> know what you guys think and if this isn't good, please post an
> alternative.
>
> Any help you guys can give, would be much appreciated. Once I
have
> this down, I can focus on the potential hot start problem I
> encountered late this year.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Aaron Crocco
> Vin 5591
> NY Plate: OUTATYM

Messages in this topic (5)
7c. Re: Battery Chargers
Posted by: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79@xxxxxxxxx   chrisau79
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:07 pm (PST)
Aaron, I've got a NAPA 85-300A mounted permanently where the light in the engine compartment used to be. It shuts down when the battery is fully charged so I just leave it plugged in at all times when I'm not driving much. I've had it for about 3 years and no problems at all. Unplug it, tuck the pigtail in, close the hatch and drive away.

Chris
06301

Aaron Crocco <acrocco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]

Find me on Google Earth
45°43'03.24"N 123°53'45.81"W

Messages in this topic (5)
7d. Re: Battery Chargers
Posted by: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   jtrealtywebspannet
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:08 pm (PST)
I would have the battery tested and the charging system. Once you know
that they are allright then it is just your car slowly discharging the
battery over time. If you do not use the car then I would use a
trickle-charger or a "battery tender" once a week for one night. If
you are putting your car into storage and do not intend to use it for
a long period of time you should remove the battery, keep it in a warm
place on a piece of wood, and charge it once a month, overnight.
Remember, batteries are considered worn out after 5 years. At that age
they only hold about 50% of the origional capacity. They may seem OK
but if you crank the motor any length of time they quickly lose all
power. Small battery chargers are inexpensive but should not be used
to keep a bad battery going. They are good for keeping a good battery
fully charged. They are not meant to charge dead batteries. If you go
over to E Bay you can probably find them even cheaper than $50.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Aaron Crocco <acrocco@...> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Even though the winter here in NY has been extremely mild, I have
> 'winterized' my delorean. While only owning my car for a couple of
> years, I am now very exposed to the pitfalls of the battery not being
> used frequently. I'd say this was the year of the jump start for
> me. Well I think one season is enough and I've decided to find a
> suitable car charger that I can use when the spring comes around.
>
> I have an Exide battery from PJ Grady's. I don't know anything about
> batteries except that. I was checking out Amazon and saw one that is
> a good seller and got good reviews. It is the Schumacher SSC-1000A
> charger. It looks good and isn't expensive at $49.99. I'd like to
> know what you guys think and if this isn't good, please post an
> alternative.
>
> Any help you guys can give, would be much appreciated. Once I have
> this down, I can focus on the potential hot start problem I
> encountered late this year.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Aaron Crocco
> Vin 5591
> NY Plate: OUTATYM

Messages in this topic (5)
7e. Re: Battery Chargers
Posted by: "Daniel" dmcburn75@xxxxxxxxx   dmcburn75
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:08 pm (PST)
Hey Aaron,

That charger looks fine and similar to the one I use. I had a related
problem from not starting the car often and when I re-juiced the
battery everything was in line. You can also use a trickle charger if
you know the car will be sitting for some time. My carcoon has one
that I also had success with. But, like I said the fore mentioned
charger on amazon.com should do the trick. Remove the battery and hook
it up to a maintenance cycle or something similar over the winter.

As for the hot start problem, it is in all probability the
accumulator. Next time it won't start hot(warm), take the electrical
connection from the control pressure regulator and swap it with the
connection on the Blue cold start valve. Leave the electrical
connector from the cold start unplugged. If it is the accumulator it
should start right up... Rev the engine a little and then turn off.
Reattach everything back to its original position and start it again..
If it starts then is a good bet it's the accumulator.

If this doesn't help, check the primary pressure regulator seals. If
the seals are slightly flattened in will be injurious to the fuel
system and prevent it from maintaining pressure. Just loosen the 16mm
nut on the fuel distributor and check the seals. I replaced mine just
for piece of mind when I was in there as it's a cheap fix and takes
10min of your time.

Lastly if THIS doesn't help then it could be the check valve in your
fuel pump. I'm not sure up to what VIN# had internal valves had, but
if they go bad you have to replace the entire pump. A faulty fuel pump
check valve will allow the fuel to flow back into the gas tank leaving
the air in the fuel lines. The odds are on your side it is the
accumulator. If you need help replacing the accumulator drop me a line
as I think we are in close proximity. I did mine last summer and
although it's not difficult it is just a little tedious to get in
there. Anyways hope this helps.

-Dan
4160

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Aaron Crocco <acrocco@...> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Even though the winter here in NY has been extremely mild, I have
> 'winterized' my delorean. While only owning my car for a couple of
> years, I am now very exposed to the pitfalls of the battery not being
> used frequently. I'd say this was the year of the jump start for
> me. Well I think one season is enough and I've decided to find a
> suitable car charger that I can use when the spring comes around.
>
> I have an Exide battery from PJ Grady's. I don't know anything about
> batteries except that. I was checking out Amazon and saw one that is
> a good seller and got good reviews. It is the Schumacher SSC-1000A
> charger. It looks good and isn't expensive at $49.99. I'd like to
> know what you guys think and if this isn't good, please post an
> alternative.
>
> Any help you guys can give, would be much appreciated. Once I have
> this down, I can focus on the potential hot start problem I
> encountered late this year.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Aaron Crocco
> Vin 5591
> NY Plate: OUTATYM

Messages in this topic (5)
8. Re: antenna options
Posted by: "BRUCE BENSON" delornut@xxxxxxx   delornut
Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:12 pm (PST)
I remember seeing a power antenna in a J C Whitney_catalog that had a long flexible cable between the motor assembly and the antenna. This allowed the motor to be installed at a point remote from the actual antenna location. I haven't checked one of their catalogs for quite some time so I can't say for sure if they still offer them.

Bruce Benson__________________________________________________________

3. Re: Antenna options
Posted by: "supremeadmiralsenn" AdmiralSenn@xxxxxxxx<mailto:AdmiralSenn@xxxxxxxx> supremeadmiralsenn
Date: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:46 am ((PST))

Can you provide pictures, details of the antenna model used, and any
other relevant information you can think of? I'm very interested in
doing this - although I don't intend to keep the car completely stock,
I don't want to change the 'character' features (aka hood style, wheel
style, etc) unless I really have to - and antenna location is one of
those distinctive features. Contradictory? Yes. I don't care. And yes,
I'm prepared to do more work to install the new antenna than to move
it if necessary.

-Adam, certifiable lunatic
Eventually, #03416

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ironranger7012" <kvlauhala@...> wrote:

> -I don't understand how you can say this cannot be done since I have
> a power front fender antenna on 7012.

Messages in this topic (1)
9. Doc Brown - new Direct TV commerical
Posted by: "Robert Patz" topgunster@xxxxxxxxxxxx   topgunster
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:05 pm (PST)
Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcrt7OzJS8c

Have a Great Day!

BOB - - - - - 808
5144
AZ-D.org
FAST IS FUN!

Messages in this topic (1)
10. Jeremy Popp's DeLorean Website
Posted by: "Michael & Denise" luckeys71@xxxxxxx   lluucckkmmaann
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:09 pm (PST)
For those of you in the group who haven't had the chance to meet Jeremy at one of the DeLorean events, let me tell you he is one heckuva nice guy! When Josh was working on my frame replacement project in the fall of 2004, Jeremy was nice enough to drop by on several different occasions when everyone else had given up. He was even kind enough to give me a ride to Josh's from the airport when I flew in to pick it up! He is truly of an example of the best way to purchase a DeLorean-learn about the car from others, work on one in person if possible, and wait until funds are available so you can get your car and not commit financial suicide in the process. I was very impressed by his website and the gorgeous DeLorean that he ended up buying. I'm sorry I didn't see you at the Chicago DCS Jeremy, as I would have liked to thank you once again for all of the help you gave me back in 2004. Even though I no longer have #3760 I take some satisfaction in knowing that it's reconstruction may hav
e helped inspire Jeremy in his journey towards owning his own DeLorean.
Kudos on your website and I hope to see your car in person someday Jeremy!
Mike

Messages in this topic (1) Recent Activity
 2 New Members
 2 New Links
Visit Your Group
New Message Search
Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.
Share feedback on the new changes to Groups
Need to Reply?
Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Polls | Calendar

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)