[DML] massive delorean collection up for sale

[DML] massive delorean collection up for sale

hello my fellow delorean enthusiasts out there, happy new year!  i am regretfully selling off most of my delorean collection that i have accumulated over the last six years since i bought my car.  my car is for sale right now on the dml...just look for the add with many pictures of the car and the very long/detailed of my car.  the car is still for sale, however, i'm back and forth as to whether i want to sell it or not.  i'm putting all the money from the sale of my collection back into the car for a top of the line stereo/speakers/dvd player/subs/alarm/etc...and possibly another toy i don't know yet.  anyway, if there are any serious collectors out there, or anyone that is looking at starting a collection, e-mail me or call me for any questions.  i believe to have one of the more extensive collections of delorea and back to the future memorabilia in the world.  i have spent many thousands on the collection...way more than i would care to add up all the receipts that i've recorded
 since the very beginning.  i was told from several other great friends of mine and relatives that are also collectors of other things to never look at all the receipts for fear of knocking yourself out.  anyway, 99% of my collection is in mint/near mint condition.  i have collected extremely rare delorean autographed letters from john/memorabilia from the factory in ireland/tons of back to the future memorabilia/toy cars/almost all the delorean world magazines/binders/just about every magazine ever featuring the delorean and protected in two layers of protective plastic with top loads/many very limited runs of diecast deloreans/rare delorean factory jackets/one of only three ever made black leather jackets/about every book ever written on the car and john (i.e. original mint copy of stainless steel illusion), extremely rare advertising pieces from the factory and all over the world/etc. etc. etc.  i'd prefer to sell these pieces to people that are truly serious and would rather no
t spend all the time listing everything on ebay and spending hours on doing just that...and giving them money out of the proceeds of the sale of the items.  however, i may just have to do that.  let me know if any of you are interested in anything.  i also own one of the most pristine full intact delorean dealership signs in the world i would bet along with the extremely rare child battery operated back to the future toy car for children to drive around.  the only other one that i have seen was in chicago this summer at the convention on stage if any of you saw it...mine was in better condition as well.  anyway, sorry for the long-winded description...just wanted to get everything in there.  call me with any questions...

kris kurth
minneapolis
kkurth2675@xxxxxxxxxxx
651-253-9226 cell

--
Financial Liberty Mortgage, Corp.
Kris Kurth--General Manager/President

This e-mail is the sole, confidential property of Financial Liberty Mortgage Corporation.

From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DML - the DeLorean Mailing List
Messages In This Digest (14 Messages)
1a. Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of From: supremeadmiralsenn
1b. Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of From: kKoncelik@xxxxxxx
1c. Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd
1d. Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd
1e. Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of From: Marc Levy
2a. Re: Hosting a huge archive of delorean stuff for robert AKA DMCVEGAS From: Ken Baker
2b. Re: Hosting a huge archive of delorean stuff for robert AKA DMCVEGAS From: therealdmcvegas
2c. Re: Hosting a huge archive of delorean stuff for robert AKA DMCVEGAS From: stitsien
3. Re: Original Lower Control Arm From: John Hervey
4a. FOR SALE: VIN 1265, early 81, gas flap, automatic, black interior From: brucedduncan
4b. Re: FOR SALE: VIN 1265, early 81, gas flap, automatic, black interio From: d_rex_2002
5. Happy New Year! From: robert parker
6. Anyone have an orig. owners manual they could lend me? From: Michael Babb
7. (DML) Carbon Canister Replacment From: Warren Wallingford
View All Topics | Create New Topic Messages
1a. Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of
Posted by: "supremeadmiralsenn" AdmiralSenn@xxxxxxxx   supremeadmiralsenn
Tue Jan 9, 2007 8:04 am (PST)
Machine work on which part? He said it involved a lot of very careful
flycutting and that it took a LOT of time and hard work. It's not a
new block - he did this so that the car would still have the original
engine block, even if it was modified.

Are you sure it's impossible?

At this point I'm starting to think I should just take out the engine,
disassemble everything, and photograph every nut and bolt.. then when
that's done, go have it dyno'd again.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wingd2@... wrote:

> FWIW - the liners from a 3.0 Eagle engine will NOT fit into a 2.8
> Delorean block, even with machine work. Been there, tried that and
it doesn't work.
> The engine blocks may look the same, but they are different enough
that some
> parts cannot be made to swap over. If it has 3.0 liners and pistons
in it then
> it must be a 3.0 block also, and from the outside you can't tell the
> difference.

Messages in this topic (15)
1b. Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of
Posted by: "kKoncelik@xxxxxxx" kKoncelik@xxxxxxx   kkoncelik
Tue Jan 9, 2007 8:12 am (PST)
I have one of the 3.0 L engines in the car I bought from Arizona. It also
has the odd fire and it is clearly NOT the PVR DeLorean block. ITs obvious
near the timing marks and the block itself is a bit different. There are two
of them here one is the Eagle engine 3.0 and it has the different heads and
bottom along with a different intake manifold and it has a 4 belt pulley but
the block is the exact same as what came in the Arizona D.

The engine that came on one DeLorean was a rebuilt 3.0 with the 3.0 Block
and the rest Delorean engine parts. We are going to look at putting it on the
dnyo in the next few days and see what it does. The car has a different
sound and is definitely a bit quicker although I don't know how much faster.

Ken

Messages in this topic (15)
1c. Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of
Posted by: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   heavenrest
Tue Jan 9, 2007 6:53 pm (PST)
All the 3 ltire engines are even fire EFI engines. You can't just build
a 3 litre odd-fire from a selection of components from both. because of
the differences in the gudgeon pins and conrods. Odd-fired gudgeon pins
are pressed in and smaller, even fires are fully floating and larger.
The big ends on the even fire engines are larger.

The actual block - that is the main single casting in the engine, is
externally ALMOST identical, and perfectly interchangable. The bolt
pattern on the timing cover and rocker covers is identical across all
PRVs (that I've seen) except fot the right hand rocker cover on the
engines equipped with a balance shaft - they're about half an inch
longer but otherwise the same.

The even fire engines have a higher, smoother pitch to their engine note

Martin

kKoncelik@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I have one of the 3.0 L engines in the car I bought from Arizona. It also
> has the odd fire and it is clearly NOT the PVR DeLorean block. ITs
> obvious
> near the timing marks and the block itself is a bit different. There
> are two
> of them here one is the Eagle engine 3.0 and it has the different
> heads and
> bottom along with a different intake manifold and it has a 4 belt
> pulley but
> the block is the exact same as what came in the Arizona D.
>
> The engine that came on one DeLorean was a rebuilt 3.0 with the 3.0 Block
> and the rest Delorean engine parts. We are going to look at putting it
> on the
> dnyo in the next few days and see what it does. The car has a different
> sound and is definitely a bit quicker although I don't know how much
> faster.
>
> Ken

Messages in this topic (15)
1d. Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of
Posted by: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   heavenrest
Tue Jan 9, 2007 6:53 pm (PST)
I know it's possible to turn an 88mm block into a 91 - ie 2664 to 2849.
Never thought about 2849 to 2975 because things stat to get very tight
in the block.

IMO if he modified the block, he was doing it the hard way....
Everything else is interchangable with the 3 litre engine apart from the
thread on the oil filter :-)

Martin

supremeadmiralsenn wrote:

> Machine work on which part? He said it involved a lot of very careful
> flycutting and that it took a LOT of time and hard work. It's not a
> new block - he did this so that the car would still have the original
> engine block, even if it was modified.
>
> Are you sure it's impossible?
>
> At this point I'm starting to think I should just take out the engine,
> disassemble everything, and photograph every nut and bolt.. then when
> that's done, go have it dyno'd again.

Messages in this topic (15)
1e. Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of
Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx   malevy_nj
Tue Jan 9, 2007 7:03 pm (PST)
It sounds like you are getting a good deal on the car.
Drive it, and enjoy it.. Whatever it is.

My only advice would be to not make any HP claims
until you can verify it.

--- supremeadmiralsenn <AdmiralSenn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At this point I'm starting to think I should just
> take out the engine,
> disassemble everything, and photograph every nut and
> bolt.. then when
> that's done, go have it dyno'd again.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Messages in this topic (15)
2a. Re: Hosting a huge archive of delorean stuff for robert AKA DMCVEGAS
Posted by: "Ken Baker" kenbaker1265@xxxxxxx   kenbaker1265
Tue Jan 9, 2007 8:06 am (PST)
Why is it in the current format? I am not able to view the articles as they cant be modified and enlarged. Any suggestions??

Best Regards,

Ken Baker
Sales Executive
Rolls-Royce/Bentley Fort Lauderdale