[DML] DCS UPDATE GETTYSBURG and Raffle Car

[DML] DCS UPDATE GETTYSBURG and Raffle Car

Hi

DCS is going to Gettysburg in mid April to work on the show.  It may still be early but there have been many questions to me about it so we thought an update would help.

As we have said this show will be different than the rest and we will be looking to eliminate some of the long evenings due to the fact that our staff is usually on the light side and it helps us to control the crowds if we make you sit.  NO sitting at this show.

Last show we had around 600 paid guests over the course of three days and this show looks like we could approach the 700 mark.

Rooms are going and although there are plenty left the Doubles and other larger units are selling out.  The kings and suites are already going.

By registering early for rooms it has given me an idea of how to plan and the first main change (and we will be updating the web page (Gary) to reflect this.)

When you register it will be around the pool area.  Once registered there will be a cash bar, snacks, the pool of course and the Trinadad Steel Drum Band.  They are one of the finalist in the Steel Drum Competition in the Carribean so hope you enjoy them.

You will be enjoying the band until you either go to the Convention center for dinner (the steel drum band will follow us over as well) or to the autocross track we have for our Manuverablity course where you will be timed in running the obstacle course. (Yes you drive your D in an event at the show)  The Bricklin Group will be sponsoring this event.  (One note you must not be under the influence at the time you drive so if you plan to drink alchohol please drive the course first.)

There is an open Barbecue Train Buffet that will be set up from about 6-8PM and you eat whenever you wish there is NO formal seating.  Take the food to the obstacle track or the pool or the game rooms its up to you.

This is a departure from our normal days event.  After it gets dark we will again have the DJ play as they did in Chicago and we will set up a few screens to show some clips and other entertanment and possible a few teck sessions thrown in. Plus the pool is open.  (See if it still take 5 Mid Atlantic members to get One DeLorean Car Show host in the POOL).   Randal again will do the 3M and your car probably outside with the cars.

Also welcome the DCSPS (DeLorean Car Show Planning Committe) This is the group Randal set up as a result of the last show and Tiffany is hosting it now. The DCSPC discusses changes to the car show.  Once the DCSPC comes up with an idea and discusses it they bring the proposal to me and I approve, modify or reject it.   So far we have approved all the suggestions made to date.  Including MORE 80's Music from the DJ.  (Dan W. AZ group) More social time on Thursday and more events held outside the convention center, an event on site that we can drive the cars and a place we can branch out all over.

Since we have the entire hotel we will be able to use all of the facility so there will be special tech sessions, meetings, films etc. going on constantly so if you can choose what you want to do including sighseeing.
We will repeat some things from previos shows so if you missed it you can catch up.

There will be plenty of time to sightsee in Gettysburg as this will take the place of the driving tour so you will either do the attractions of Gettysburg, go to Hershy PA for the Chocolate Factory, Visit the Amish Villages, or one of the other many attractions of the area. There will also be a few surprises.

Friday and Saturday are posted on the web as tentataive and they are subject to change as well so look out for more exciting changes.  I will be changing things this time.

RAFFLE CAR

So far Tickets are moving well even though so far in advance.  The car was show in Oct in the Fall Tour of the DCO and will again go out this weekend to the DCO Columbus meeting. It is done and ready to go.

I also plan to bring the car to the Mid Atlantic Spring tour in April (date TBD) then spend the night at Gettysburg so this car will be all over prior to the show.  It runs and looks great so get your tickets at
www.deloreancarshow.com

QUESTION

Ryan Pelton who did the great job at Memphis as the Elvis tribute artist wants to come back to the show.
Not sure if it would be 2008 or 2010 but what are your thoughts.  He would not be coming back soly doing Elvis but more of helping me with the crowd as he spent a lot of time in the audience last time and you all seemed to like him doing that.  Of course he will do some Elvis for us.  Kathryn does this for me now when she comes and of course she plans to be back.

I like working with Ryan and if you remember it was a DeLorean Question on the Weakest Link that he won the $138K for charity so he has connected with our group and still want to participate with us.

Again thanks
Have a great year
See you in Gettysburg.

PS
This year due to upcoming surgery, ,my daughters wedding and a few other things I will not be traveling as much.  Please understand if I cannot make an event.  You all know I would be at every event if I Could but this year its not going to happen.

On a tech Note Cliff now has as you are aware from the different forums a Dyno machine. We will be doing more tech articles in DCS starting with the next isssue.  The Dyno results with exhaust systems etc will be covered next.  We will also work to get you some articles and such that you were used to seeing in Gullwing,  Ron and Cheryl are always welcome to publish in DCS so we hope to have them contribute as they have in the past for the betterment of the Delorean Community.

Ken

Deloreancarshow.com
DeLorean Car Show Magazine
DeLorean Car Show Inc.