Re: [DML] Hosting a huge archive of delorean stuff for robert AKA DMCVEG

Re: [DML] Hosting a huge archive of delorean stuff for robert AKA DMCVEGAS

Which articles are you having trouble viewing? On my XP laptop, they
all appear just fine on my side. However, I will give fair warning
that at home I use strictly Macintosh, so zooming on on the TIFF
files is no problem for me. If nothing else, try opening them inside
Quicktime viewer, and see if you can zoom in with it.

Big, if not HUGE thanks to Matt Stits for hosting this. I met with a
few DeLorean owners in Houston in '05 who wanted me to burn some
DVDs for them of what I have. But finally, they've got access to
what I have, so take a look around.

Now, first and foremost, I do NOT claim ownership of a good number
of items contained within. Lots of what I have I got from other
people's websites. Especially the articles, the videos, as well as
the technical documents. I'm no Eric Bauman (EBaums's World), so I
don't take credit for simply passing things along. If it had a
watermark on it, it was left in place, and most of the time, you can
pretty much tell where I got the things from. And if you don't, just
ask me, and I'll point you off in the direction of where it came
from.

Now like I said, this is all stuff that I collected off the
internet, and from friends as well. As an example, Matt who is
hosting the site, took the photos of the 24K AMEX car in Reno (I
don't think I ever scanned and uploadted my own personal pics), and
he got some amzing photos INSIDE of the car that had never been seen
before.

Other things that I have in the collection in the Misc folder as
well are DeLorean related, even though they may not look it. These
documents are for customizing the drive train mainly. I have guides
to rebuild the UN-1 Transaxle, as well what gearsets for the trans
are available, based upon what car they came out of (quick segway:
after Lotus Employed the UN-1 in the Esprit, they finally convinced
Renault to beef up the trans. So later models are listed as being
able to takeon up to 400 bhp with no problems, but only one car
matched the ideal gear ratios of the DeLorean).

There is also a big section of turbo charging that I have too (not
DeLorean specific per se, but a DAMN good starting point on
learning, designing systems, as well as showing what can be done
with the D), and some info about the PRV. I believe I have some info
on what vehicles it crosses over too, but not all my stuff was
online. However to show you how interesting some of this stuff is, I
had no idea that there is equipment available to convert the same
PRV that we in our cars, for use in military-aeronautical
applications...

Now one last thing though. There are some fonts and Icons available.
The fonts are True Type, so everyone can use them. However, the
Icons are for OS X only. So unless you're on a Mac, you won't be
able to see them. But if you can, they look almost like photos.

In the mean time, I hope everyone enjoys!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Baker" <kenbaker1265@...> wrote:

> Why is it in the current format? I am not able to view the
articles as they cant be modified and enlarged. Any suggestions??

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)