[DML] Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of

[DML] Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of

Whoops. Yeah, I haven't set up Yahoo to include my signature with each
post (not sure if it even does that). My name's Adam.

I also forgot to mention that yes, the heads are stock but they've
been professionally ported and polished (I know that gives a little
extra power) and there are no cats - Florida doesn't require them,
luckily. I do know that at some point I'd like to explore better cams,
but first I have to have the car and get used to it. Didn't you also
say there were some better valves that will fit the DeLorean PRV with
a minimum of modification? Or am I remembering things that didn't
happen again?

And no, I'm not paying anything extra based on these hp claims - at
the time I agreed to buy the car I was under the impression that the
air cleaner was the only modification, and that everything else was
stock. The rest is just a bonus.

In any case, this car is going to be a blast to drive.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd
<martin@...> wrote:

> Hi ? (you don't sign with your name?)
>
> I think your attitude is commendable. It's so easy for people to put
> their hands of their ears and go "la la la la" :-) It's nice to know
> you're taking this stuff seriously. It certainly sounds like an
> excellent place to start as long as you don't pay too much for it based
> on these claims, and I've always been keen to see what a 3 litre
> odd-fire would do. But the 3 litre engines have a fair amount more
> differences than just 126cc (2975cc - 2849cc).. That said a standard
> Renault Safrane engine puts out only 170hp at the flywheel (catted and
> restrictive exhaust and tuned for torque) - this was the ultimate
> evolution of the naturally asp 12v PRV. It has higher lift cams (albeit
> with hydraulic tappets), considerably larger valves (it's valve
> circumference that makes the difference, not x-sec area) fatter pistons
> and the same stroke as a DeLorean engine. Your engine must be running
> stock heads because the DeLorean intake manifold has to have adapter
> plates made in order to mount to the 3 litre heads (the ports are
higher
> up) not to mention not having the injector ports.
>
> The exhaust bolts right up. This is the approach I took doing this
> Renault Alpine which began life as a GTA Atmo (ie naturally aspirated -
> essentially a DeLorean engine with carbs)
>
> http://www.delorean.co.uk/robs2.jpg
>
> The exhaust is an aftermarket one that came with the car. We're
> installing a custom ECU and I hope to breach 200hp given a better
> exhaust and no emissions worries! That is a completely standard Safrane
> engine that originally came from our courtesy car.
>
> Martin
>

> supremeadmiralsenn wrote:
>

> > Regardless of the modifications, I expect to have a LOT of fun with
> > this one!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: