[DML] Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of

[DML] Re: Questions on DMC #3416 answered.. sort of

Yeah, I knew someone would say that. Thing is, I'm getting the car for
$15K and it's in great condition - second owner, garage stored for 18
years, all updates performed, driven regularly (~35K miles), and so
on. Even has the original window sticker and all the manuals and
everything - except for the sound system, seat covers, and whatever he
has or hasn't done to the engine, it might as well be factory new as
far as I'm concerned.

I didn't find out any details about the performance upgrades until
after we shook on the deal. That and the fact that he's an old family
friend and does import and exotic restoration and upgrades for a
living makes me think that he's not making this up.

And Ken, I'm sure I could find several dynos near me, I just don't
have the money (or the car) yet.

Basically, since I'm the only person who's expressed interest in the
car who knew anything about it as a car (instead of just from BTTF or
whatever), and he wants it to go to someone who will treat it like it
deserves instead of racing it, he'd only be hurting himself by making
this stuff up.

If this information is wrong, it's because the dyno was horribly
inaccurate (which I also doubt since he got the same numbers from
multiple tests). He's not lying to me.

Like I said before, right now I can't explain it. As soon as I take
posession of the car (which will take a while unless I get a
substantial raise), I'll run it up to the closest shop with a dyno and
get my own sheets printed (assuming he doesn't find the ones he has).

I'd rather that any discussion about this focuses on the technical
aspects (if there's anything left to discuss) rather than on what I'm
buying or what his intentions are. I've established that if I'm
getting scammed, it's the stupidest scam ever since I benefit from it
even if the exhaust is the only upgrade on the whole car. I know that
the upgrades I've listed aren't supposed to be able to give that much
power. I know, okay?

I almost forgot - I'm also going to need a set of those wonderful
wide-angle rear view mirrors. Are there any left, or do I have to wait
for another round?

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Niemczewski" <dmctom@...> wrote:

> I'm sorry to say this but he is taking you for a ride... and you are
buying
> it.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional