Re: [DML] VQ35 DeLorean (WAS: How to measure HP )

Re: [DML] VQ35 DeLorean (WAS: How to measure HP )

Just a quick (very drunk) new year's message to add to Marc's

His car is VERY fast and a lot of fun to drive, even if it does steer on
the throttle ( which is a lot of fun). The only comparable car I've
driven is the 3 litre Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo I had a hand in
developing. That car is really very, eye-distortingly quick, and on
paper, less powerful than my Nissan Skyline. On the road... not a
chance. Give me a PRV to play with any day, They may be expensive to
make go well, but the cost bugger all to begin with and their torque
band dumps on many modern engines from a great height. Nick Holden may
well shed some light on this very, very soon.......

Happy new year

Martin

Marc Levy wrote:

> Thanks for the input Rick. I agree with your
> statements, other than the piece of information I
> overlooked when I wrote that last post. My
> transmission is a Porsche 915, so it would not be the
> same as the stock DMC Trans. Any numbers I can come
> up with for engine horse power (based on the current
> data I have) would be a random estimation! :)
>
> I had this thought as Tom (my friend who helped me
> build this monster) and I spent the day yesterday
> under the car re-welding the transmission mounts.
> They had snapped from all of the power. We realized
> this was our own fault because of bad design. There
> was a single connection (bed frame) between the
> vertical and horizontal components of the part. We
> fixed the breaks, and added a gusset to keep it solid
> this time. It shifts better now because there is less
> flex in the whole assembly. The stick also does not
> move as much when you slam on the gas.
>
> --

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional