From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DML] Re: DMC spark plugs
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:42:38 -0600

If you've boosted your car with a turbo or supercharger, then upgrading the
ignition makes sense, both in theory and practice. If your car isn't
boosted, then I agree with John that any "performance" increase is likely to
fall somewhere between nil and virtually non-existent. I agree that
replacing almost ANY 25 year old igbnition with almost ANY new ignition
could be like night and day.

-Joe Kuchan

 >From: Josh Keady <joshkeady@xxxxxxx>
 >To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >Subject: [DML] Re: DMC spark plugs
 >Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:50:47 -0800
 >
 >One thing you certainly want to keep in mind when listening to people's
 >successes with ignition components is the fact that they may well have
been
 >replacing complete junk.
 >
 >If you replace a 25 year old coil, cap, rotor, plugs, and wires with brand
 >new 9.5 mm wires, platinum plugs, top of the line dist. cap and rotor, and
 >"high performance" coil... the difference may well be night and day.
 >
 >But if you replace those 25 year old parts with 7.5 mm wires, cheapo
 >Autolite sparkplugs, and an OEM cap, rotor, and coil, the difference may
 >well be night and day, simply because what you had before was crap and
what
 >you have now functions well.  Longevity... well, that's another topic.
 >Performance... well, the PRV isn't exactly a ground-pounder and I really
 >would like to see some dyno numbers that say it's worth it to throw on a
 >bunch of "high-performance" (note the quotes) ignition parts.
 >
 >And speaking of dyno numbers, I'm really surprised to see that only one or
 >two people spoke up about having a dyno session at a DeLorean event.  It
 >seems like more people would want to have hard data about the state of
 >their
 >powertrain than just the seat of the pants "feels like it's running right
 >me" (affectionately known as "the ass dyno".)
 >
 >Josh

 >moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx
 >
 >For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see
www.dmcnews.com

 >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
 >Yahoo! Groups Links

>From photos to predictions, The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes has
it all. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

Get FREE Web site and company branded e-mail from Microsoft Office Live

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)