[DML] Re: "Fastest" DeLoreans (Marc and Martin)

[DML] Re: "Fastest" DeLoreans (Marc and Martin)

Nonono. It was 210 WITHOUT the nitrous - 270 with it.

The heads are stock as well but have probably been ported and polished
- I'll ask him next time I drop off a check.

I dunno about the valve sizes - it's the same PRV the car came with,
just with new pistons and liners to make it 3.0L.

Judging from the skepticism I'm going to guess that there's more he
hasn't told me about the engine, and I'll definitely ask about the
cams and valves too. I know the engine has been 'tuned and balanced'
but that doesn't tell give me specifics.

As far as prices on parts go, I'm not too concerned on that - he's got
some super cheap parts sources on brand-name stuff, since he has his
own shop and all. But thanks for the info - if I ever need to replace
the clutch I'll look into that.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd
<martin@...> wrote:

> Hiya
>
> Well it sounds like a fairly sstraitforward 3 litre odd-fire (and yes
> you have to do something with the conrods and/or guidgeon pins as
> they're different odd-to-even). Including Nitrous, yes, you could
> feasibly get 210 at the wheels - but IMO that's cheating :-)  I

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)