[DML] Re: Electrical problem

I would check the continuity of all the LGW wires to be sure there
are no shorts or open circuits. The AC panel lights should be bright
with key on and dimmed with light switch activated (unless a
different relay without a center post put in to turn off the ac panel
when the running lights are off - these were at one time gotten at
Radio Shack) there is a run to the clock and radio (in-line fused on
OEM) then the two window switches.

It is very common for the window motors to "lock-up" because of
friction or resistance in the window mechanism. Sometimes you can get
the motor to run by rapidly tapping the switch in the direction you
need to go or helping the window out by applying hand assistance, if
you can. The adjustments for the window are tedious and, you should
be able to open and close the window by hand before you install the
motor.

Have you put an amp meter in the window circuit to see if the window
is taking power even though the window does not open or close?

Harold McElraft - 3354

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Slupski" <slupa@...> wrote:

> HI Guys, I've been working with my electrician father in law on the
> power windows electrical problem that has made the radio, a/c
> illumination lights, and both power windows inoperable.  Here is
> what we found and what we think is happening. Can you more
> experienced guys think about this and see if we are on the right
> track?
>
> We found that the brand new power window switch from DMC was bad

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)