[DML] Antenna in fender (was Re: e-bay Delorean items)

[DML] Antenna in fender (was Re: e-bay Delorean items)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "robert parker" <roberthparker@...> wrote:

The windscreen antennaes were Detroit's answer to the problems with
car washes damaging the antennaes and it was cheaper than a power
antennae. The problem was if you are in an area of poor reception
(rural or just not near a radio station) the signal was too weak for
the radios of the time to amplify without a lot of static. Driving
between big cities on the highway was terrible, especially for FM.
After getting so many complaints they all gave up on the windscreen
antennae. The other problem is that it is horizontally polarized so it
can't receive the vertically polarized signal as effectively as a
whip. If you are happy with the windscreen antennae it is probably
because you get a strong signal in the area you use it in.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

> Well, I never had any complaints for the 5 yrs I owned my '72 Vega
GT Wagon.
> The antenna was a windshield "T" type.   (BTW, sold it for $2000 in '8

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)