[DML] coolant hose shredded...

For pictures follow this link:-

HYPERLINK
"http://www.ukdoc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=329"http://www.ukdoc.co.uk/for
um/viewtopic.php?t=329

I drove a 200 mile trip yesterday and noticed that the steering felt like it
was tugging on something whilst on the return leg.

I raised the car onto axle stands this afternoon and was pleased to find the
cause but also realised how serious it could have been if the coolant hose
had ruptured. It is item 18 part number 100748 as seen at the below link.
HYPERLINK "http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPage.asp?PageID=83";
\nhttp://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPage.asp?PageID=83

It is surely no co-incidence that the installation of my stainless steel
brake hoses that were fitted only the other week or so ago could have
potentially disturbed and finished off what must have been a weak rubber
sleeve that holds the coolant pipe in place. As the rubber sleeve split it
dropped the coolant hose thus placing it so that the threaded end of the
bolt that links the upper steering shaft to the steering column end caught
on the hose with each turn of the steering.

The offending bolt:-
HYPERLINK
"http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=2645&QTY=2&popup=true";
\nhttp://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=2645&QTY=2&popup=true
source page :- HYPERLINK
"http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPage.asp?PageID=68";
\nhttp://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPage.asp?PageID=68

The rotation of the bolt has shredded the rubber sheath revealing the layer
below. Fortunately the pipe is still intact and there is no leak. I have
never seen a cross reference of this pipe but curious to know how much
material there is separating the coolant from the outside world...

I was going to find a suitable rubber compound to repair the protective part
of the pipe. I have moved it around gently to do the photos and determine
the extent of the damage. It is not leaking.
Can anyone clarify how much pipe there is between the coolant and me?

Even if it was leaking how can you easily replace this pipe? It is tucked
between the pontoon and the chassis. The metal ends would surely mean that
you cannot simply lubricate the pipe to aid pulling it out. Would this
really mean a chassis/pontoon separation?

I haven't found the replacement supportive sleeve in the manual yet, but
would anyone be able to send me a photo illustrating the correct
mounting/support of the coolant pipe?

Unless someone has a better suggestion I was going to repair the pipe and
then re-mount it.

Thanks in advance?
_________________
Regards,