From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Teitelbaum
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 11:58 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Driver side water pump coolant hose

Different vendors offer different hoses, some fit better than others.
Even if the particular one you have doesn't seem to fit right they can
be made to fit better by slightly shortening the hose. You should
contact the vendor you got the hose from and they can tell you how to
trim the hose for a better fit. Rubbing against the rear facia is no
big deal but there should not be a kink in the hose. You may have to
bend the loop bracket that the hose runs through. Always check the
underside of the hose with your hand to make sure the vee belt for the
A/C does not slap against it and wear a groove into the hose on it's
underside where you would not see it. I don't like using WD-40 on the
hoses. A better suggestion is to wet the inside with some straight
anti-freeze. I worry that the WD-40 may deteriorate the rubber or make
it easier to slip off. Another trick I use is to put permatex on the
inside, makes it slippery and seals against any possible leaks. It
makes it very hard to remove the hose after it hardens though.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings: