[DML] DCS 2008 Gettysburg ideas need help

[DML] DCS 2008 Gettysburg ideas need help

One of the things we want to do this show is to involve the groups in this
show.
Included is the Bricklin Group who will join us for part of the  event.

First question
Do I need to get a dunking booth again???????????
I can think of a few candidates already.

So far we have the following

Bricklin Group (driving obstacle course) Yes you drive your car on an
obstacle course for time and accuracy.

Mid Atlantic Group (One of the hosting groups){one activity that is being
closely guarded but is going to be a lot of fun plus registration help}

Arizona Group (will be doing and activity plus help with registration and
some artwork, backdrops etc for the show) Also basic show planning and Randal's
seminar.
Tear down and set up help like they did in Chicago. ( Music selection for  DJ)

DeLorean Club of Ohio (Parking and car show registration {we will have a
working program again for this show} ) Plus additional help as they did in
Chicago.

We need some help on

The competitive games ie. go cart racing , tug of war, putt putt
competition, paddleboat's, fast pitch etc.

Video ( Need someone to keep video going in the various rooms as this show
will have a lot of looping videos so it takes less time on Saturday  evening,

Photo session (we are doing this time a 360 degree photo and all the cars
need to be lined up in a circle.  This needs to be done in a very quick  time
and we need to find the best time to get everyone with or without a car in  the
photo.  We also will do instead of the DMC in the lawn like we did in  Memphis
we will probably have a helicopter and do the entire word DeLorean with
people so everyone needs to be there and someone has to lay it out.

Vin Lineup again (GARY wanna give it another try??? PLEASE)

Pool Party Thursday -trying to find a steel drum calypso band (Jimmy
Buffett, beach Boys recordings as back up) Includes some video and of  course audio.

Thursday registration ( 3 or 4 people) I have Some people from Florida that
are interested in this one so far.

Stage set up Fri and Sat.

Awards:        I cannot do  this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This last show pushed me too far so someone PLEASE take this from me.   I can
get the stuff made but I need someone to keep track of it and work with  the
judges and on stage its too much for me to do and get right.

Museum set up - You saw what we did last show museum up in three hours  and
torn down in 2 hours.

Tear down both the Eisenhower and the convention center.

Monitor food lines as I will work to eliminate walk ins.  No  ticket no food
or table. We had to empty the place Saturday in Chicago and then  monitor if
you have better ideas let me know the show cannot afford it but in  Gettysburg
we expect less people off the street like we did in Chicago.

And any other ideas that we decide to do.

Tiffany is running the delorean planning committee online group and I ask
that it be limited to one or two people per group (independents welcome) so we
can get to business and not get bogged down with long threads.  Randal and
Tiffany are in charge of getting the suggestions together and submitting them to
 me.  I am the tyrant opinionated dictator that will approve or reject
it,.(So far I have accepted all their ideas)

Its not too early to start and the more help the more we can do.
Remember its your show and its up to all of us to make this  happen
NO SLACKERS

If you recall at the show the people that helped with the show before  during
and after were about 1/3 of those attended.
It cannot be done on this level without your help.

So I thank you all for putting up with this shameless plea for help but  this
show could go as high as 700 people so I will need all the help I can  get.

IF you liked the novelty videos we showed we promise more at the next show
and there have been some that we have had a lot of requests to see again and
they will be at the show as well.

Sorry for the long letter but I had a few extra minutes LOL
This will really be a fun show and probably the most family oriented show  we
have done so far.  IT WILL NOT AT ALL FOLLOW PREVIOUS SHOW  OUTLINES.

Ken
DeLorean Car Show Inc
DeLorean Car Show Magazine
Deloreancarshow.com